Does 2012 Si Axle Back fit 2013 r18??

I can't look up the part #s between the 12-13 exhaust, but they show the same part # right? There are more than a handful of users who've used the 12si exhaust on their 12 r18s. I don't see how it's different if companies are selling the same aftermarket stuff for the 13's....? I've not heard anyone say an aftermarket exhaust won't work on the 13's.

I just compared the 2013si axle back flange to the 2008 R18 muffler I have sitting in my closet... the bolt holes are definitely off. A little drilling it should fit. Lemme get a pic for you guys.... the 2013 must be a different flange. Very odd since the 8th gen Si fit Nat3ds' 9th gen.

dv9.JPG

Very very strange that they would change this from 2012 to 2013.

a5xg.jpg

wow thats insane mine bolted up NO problem. 323 that exhaust was off a 09 si sedan right?

I bought the Si axle back off 323, his was a 2013 SI.

In the pics I am comparing the new 2013 Si exhaust to a non-si off of a 2009 sedan. The Non-si muffler you see shows how far off the new flange is from the old one.

I tried the install today..... rrr.... Suck. Should have been a quick 2 bolt one hanger deal.

That's what I was just thinking when you posted that also! ha! I was like wtf... he got his from him too?

Little confused here.
I would like to install a catback from a 2012 Si Coupe onto my 2012 LX Sedan.

Will it fit? What kind of modifications would be necessary?

Little confused here.
I would like to install a catback from a 2012 Si Coupe onto my 2012 LX Sedan.

Will it fit? What kind of modifications would be necessary?
The holes in the flange won't line up. You'd have to drill out the holes or modify the flange to make it fit.

That's why people have been buying the 8th gen Si axle back to put on their r18s

You think a muffler shop would be able to figure it all out without too much trouble. In other words, I wouldnt<t have to pay too much.

You think a muffler shop would be able to figure it all out without too much trouble. In other words, I wouldnt<t have to pay too much.
Not sure what hourly rates are at muffler shops in Canada compared to the US, but my guess to mod the bracket and install you'd be looking at anywhere between $30-$50.

Catback will not work. They are only the same from the axle back

Back