Does the 9th gen SI have factory built HID headlights or not?

yang xiong

I am in the process of replacing the factory headlights but I am unsure if they came with Stock HID blubs. I am replacing it because the previous owner have two different heat color bulb, passenger side is pale yellow and driver side is almost bright white or cool blue.

I need to acquire factory fog lamps + what extra materials needed to fit and which fuse to add or how to hook it up.

This is my plan in progress:
Replace light bulbs so they match - looking at cool blue or better
Replace high beam so they are cool blue as well
Acquire factory fog lamps but need cool blue bulbs.

THanks.

The factory bulbs are halogens for the high and low. No projectors, no HID. Granted someone could have added an HID kit. Take a look at your manual for the bulb replacement and if it doesn't match what you see someone might have swapped something.

The Si comes standard with the fog lights. You shouldn't need anything other than bulbs here unless they are damaged or someone removed them.

Can you provide a few images of your car so we can see what your talking about?

^ everything there. If one side is more blue/white, they most likely used tinted halogen bulbs. They are known for not lasting a long time. They probably had one bulb blow, and they replaced it with the stock bulb. That would explain one bulb looking yellowish and one looking blue/white.

My SI is an 07 and when I bought it from the previous owner he said it did not come with fog lights. Is there anyway to confirm if the 06 to 08 had factory fog lamps.
So what are my options then can I still get HID for the SI or do I have have to stick with Halogens and if its Halogen how do I acquire that Cool Blue color. I want all my lights the same cool blue color.

I will upload pix shortly.

Ok here is what my car currently looks like. As you can see the front bumper does not have factory fog lamps. I did some research and found out that early make n model of si from 06 to 07 some does not come with them.

Is there anyway to tell if they did or did not.

Also another issue I have is that when you turn the headlight control knob to the parking lights to come on, only one side of the yellow Amber lights comes on which is the driver side and the passenger side does not come on however when you switch to signal right it comes in n also when you activate your emergency likes it comes in as well.

Lastly how do I fix my airbag dash light it has come in for both driver n passenger. The passenger side keeps flashing.

Any help would be great thanks.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 31
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 32
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 28
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 29
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 29
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 27
Ok first things first. Your Si is an 8th gen not a 9th gen.

You can do HID's but it is not recommended in a stock housing. If you want HID's you really need to upgrade to a projector. Stick with halogens in the stock housing. You can go to any autopart store and get replacements from Philips, sylvania and the like. Typical the white/blue halogens have a lie film on the bulb.

You can get an aftermarket fog kit that will come with everything you need (lights, bulbs, switch and wire harness). You can find them just about anywhere from EBay to pro civic.

Your turn signal bulb is probably blown. The turn signal typically has two filaments in it. One that runs the running light and one for the turn signal.

As for the airbags, I'm not much help there. Hopefully someone else can chime in.

Ok first things first. Your Si is an 8th gen not a 9th gen.

You can do HID's but it is not recommended in a stock housing. If you want HID's you really need to upgrade to a projector. Stick with halogens in the stock housing. You can go to any autopart store and get replacements from Philips, sylvania and the like. Typical the white/blue halogens have a lie film on the bulb.

You can get an aftermarket fog kit that will come with everything you need (lights, bulbs, switch and wire harness). You can find them just about anywhere from EBay to pro civic.

Your turn signal bulb is probably blown. The turn signal typically has two filaments in it. One that runs the running light and one for the turn signal.

As for the airbags, I'm not much help there. Hopefully someone else can chime in.

For Halogen, how hot of color do they get to, I basically want that cool blue color.

I like the factory fog lamp that came with it.

The turn signal works, its the running parking lights that does not come on, any idea where this filament might be, cuz a mechanic said I might have to replace the whole switch by the steering wheel.

I'll keep searching on the air bags lights.

You just need the turn signal bulb. The bulb is like a dollar at any auto store. It has two filaments inside of it. If one goes out, the other still works. That is what you have happening. A replacement turn signal bulb will fix it.

Take the car to Honda regarding the airbag lights. If it's malfunctioning, your airbags won't deploy in an accident.

The oem fog lights at a discount from msrp are at collegehillshonda.com.

Should be h11 bulb. The manual should say, but I believe that's it for your car. There are blue/white looking bulbs that will work. Nokya arctic white or other similar bulbs can be found on Amazon/eBay etc

Back