Downpipe

Kevv_Si

Indianapolis
Vehicle Model
Si
Body Style
FB6
Hello everyone , just ordered my full race downpipe and just wanting to confirm with everyone before installing if I should wait until I buy my tune from vit to install or would it be safe to install it when I recieve it... I just don't want my car running really rich and something damaging for that.

Hello everyone , just ordered my full race downpipe and just wanting to confirm with everyone before installing if I should wait until I buy my tune from vit to install or would it be safe to install it when I recieve it... I just don't want my car running really rich and something damaging for that.

Wait until you get FlashPro and start tuning. The car will run like garbage (despite feeling more responsive), you will throw a CEL, and the rasp is horrible.

Check Engine Light

It will cause the car to try an compensate the AF ratio to refelct factory settings/standards.
Ohh yeah , I thought the ecu would try to work against the mods to go back to "stock", does that damage the car overall in the long run?

That would be a question for someone more knowledgeable.

Ohh yeah , I thought the ecu would try to work against the mods to go back to "stock", does that damage the car overall in the long run?
you could end up with engine knock if the tune is way off & the ecu can't compensate.

you could end up with engine knock if the tune is way off & the ecu can't compensate.
Ooooh. Yeah I want to avoid that. Now I'm running cai, catback , and tbs I hope I'm not ******* anything up now lol.

You should be fine but you're definitely not making the kind of power you could be making with a tune. You're probably running quite rich.

You should be fine but you're definitely not making the kind of power you could be making with a tune. You're probably running quite rich.
Yeah I can't wait till I'm tuned it just made more sense for me to to buy all the mods first then tune.

Reactions: Nix
Back