DRL and License plate lighting

Vahag Chakerian

Los Angeles
Vehicle Model
Si
Body Style
Sedan
So before I order any parts I love to double-double make sure I'm correct on ordering parts. For the DRL would the Nokya 9005/HB3 2500k 65W be a okay wattage for my DRL? And what type of license plate lights are you guys using? I'm looking for the white LED look. If you guys could point a noob the right direction, that'd be great!

You have to remember that your DRL is your high beam bulb as well. So, if you don't use your high beams, you can run 2500k. I wouldn't want to run 2500k bulbs in my highs if I frequently had to use high beams.

license plate - t10 168 bulb like so -

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qe4Ol3vUx_o

you'd want to get something above 2500k. OEM hid bulbs from acura, lexus, bmw etc are around 4300k. Aftermarket companies go upwards of 10k and higher in the color spectrum. The higher the number does not equal brighter lights, but it means the color of the light. Your 2500k would be a yellow light. 4k-6k are the most common colors for HID companies. You start sacrificing output for color above that point.

D9WUf3P.jpg

also note that many aftermarket halogen bulbs made to look like HID will not last a long time. They use a colored/tinted glass to create the look of hid bulbs.

XCMNekW.jpg

example.... ^ Just like your stock halogen bulb, but they've tinted it blue to make the output look like the color of hid bulbs. They just don't last long, but that doesn't stop people from buying them.

9005 is your high beam bulb model number. 9006 is your low beam.

Any way to get white DRLs without going the LED route? I would like to have white DRLs and still keep my high beams functional if possible..

Get a blue-ish/tinted halogen bulb like mentioned above. Silverstar or other branded bulbs will give a white look.

DRLs are the same bulb as your high beams...they are just at half power.

So it's either having to buy the low beam/high beam. So I'm going to lose one of them? They don't make bulbs that keep the high beams and low beams?

So it's either having to buy the low beam/high beam. So I'm going to lose one of them? They don't make bulbs that keep the high beams and low beams?

You have two different bulbs:

1. Low beams (9006)
2. High Beams/DRL (9005)

You lose nothing.

So my understanding if we get the 9005 high beam/drl it will still function as a DRL and still functional as high beams as well? Thanks Vahag Chakerian for bringing this up. And thanks to all of you who is here for our clarification.

I've installed my dome, interior and License led lights and really happy with them, and very easy to install. I also got my DRL lights in which were also easy to put, if you guys have any questions to ask go right ahead!

you'd want to get something above 2500k. OEM hid bulbs from acura, lexus, bmw etc are around 4300k. Aftermarket companies go upwards of 10k and higher in the color spectrum. The higher the number does not equal brighter lights, but it means the color of the light. Your 2500k would be a yellow light. 4k-6k are the most common colors for HID companies. You start sacrificing output for color above that point.

D9WUf3P.jpg

also note that many aftermarket halogen bulbs made to look like HID will not last a long time. They use a colored/tinted glass to create the look of hid bulbs.

Great info webz!

I've installed my dome, interior and License led lights and really happy with them, and very easy to install. I also got my DRL lights in which were also easy to put, if you guys have any questions to ask go right ahead!
Post your pics!!!! So excited to see!

Back