DRL help

Asteezy88

L.A.
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Sedan
Hey guys, if I want the high beams to be blue during the day instead if the stock yellowish white, could I simply buy 8k 9005 high beams and plug them in like I did with my 6k hids in the low beam?

I can buy 8k halogens 9005 an plug and play them into the high beams?

I thought you were saying you found 8k looking halogen bulbs. Are you trying to put a 8k hid setup on your highs, or halogen bulbs that look blue in your highs?

I just want those lights nearest to the grill that are on during the day to be an 8k blue rather than the stack yellowish. One is getting dimmer and I need to replace them anyways

i think your best bet may be to get Blue LED bulbs. they will serve no function to visibility. But they will look as blue as police lights lol.

You could always run a second HID kit in the high beams if you wanted to...... thats a lot of ballasts and wiring and cost though....

Some of the LED DRL bulbs are very crisp white but I haven't seen any with that 8k blue-ish color. They have either been very white or, as mentioned above, police blue.

Another option to try is to pick up a set of bulbs that have a blue glass to them. If you pull the DRL fuse so they are off the reflection of the blue color of the bulb itself on the reflector bowl can make them look blue. Probably not as strong an effect as you want and you can really only see it from just the right angle.

Have you considered trying a piece of vinyl? Like a light transparent blue with the white LED bulb? It might give it the tint you want without it being so blue the po-po will pay attention to you.

This is a yellow bulb but you get an idea of the effect of the reflection of the glass color.

IMG_1651.jpg

313n2h4.jpg

I can't seem to find a pic of them with the blue bulbs in but a set of these are what I mean....

mbNETC-tHT3xaiEnLlE14UA.jpg

I have them on my car. I'll get you a pic tomorrow when its light out again.

Sweet id really appreciate it! So you just have those 7k bulbs? And I have the little hid kit from ddm tuning it was only like 40 bucks

Sweet id really appreciate it! So you just have those 7k bulbs? And I have the little hid kit from ddm tuning it was only like 40 bucks they are in my low beams

Yeah I'll snap a couple shots in the morning and let you see how they look. Those LEDs you posted look awesome. I with they had a shot of the lesser blue colored ones though since those definitely look very not street legal "off-road" only.

I was lazy and it was cold out today. Its supposed to be upper 60s tomorrow. Ill get some pics up for ya I promise.

@Asteezy88 @Dutchmaster

Ok I went out and took pics. It was actually really hard to get a good shot of it. I think the sun is in just the right spot so all I was getting was glare..... in any case these are the Nokya Arctic White Halogen Bulbs. I am running them as my DRL/Highbeam. I have the fuse pulled cause I dont want them on all the time. The glass itself it blue but the output is white. When the bulb is off the blue color is reflected off of the back of the housing. You can only really see it if you get down low and look at it. Standing up normally they just look silver. Its the same effect as the yellow bulbs I posted above.

From a little ways back and looking straight on they look awesome.

Pics:

So you can see the bulb in there.

2lb12d.jpg

You can sort of see the blue reflecting on the back of the bowl:

34gngxh.jpg

Probably the best shot I got of it. It really does look blue in person.

rwidcz.jpg

2gv3e6r.jpg

This is the effect. It does fill the entire reflector when you are looking straight on. I think this is the best look at how blue it can look.

v4o2eg.jpg

v7han5.jpg

Well I hope that helps. Let me know if you have more questions.

I bought em' from here: $22 at kbcarstuff aka xenon depot. They are one of the forum vendors.

http://www.kbcarstuff.com/9005-HB3-Nokya-Halogen-Bulbs-p/nok9005.htm

Back