Dumbest question ever: front camber adjustment

liljusepy

Seattle
Vehicle Model
Si sedan
Body Style
sedan
How is this done on our cars?

Every car ive ever had, had an eccentric bolt in the strut to knuckle connection. I noticed this car just has standard bolts there. I also did not notice an eccentric bolt in any other location.

Can someone clarify this for me?

Thanks!

You would have to replace either the top or both bolts with adjustable camber bolts. The civic does not come with them. Ingalls make some that should fit, around $30 a set. 1 bolt in each side should give about 1.5 degrees +or- of adjustability.

Ok, so non adjustable stock then.

Well...not so fast! For minor just out of spec adjustments you can either loosen off the strut bolts at the knuckle. Under the weight of the vehicle the camber would go a little negative. To make it more positive you'd have to take the load off the strut, loosen the bolts and maybe pull the top of the wheel (or rotor if you have the wheel off) out. Even more "adjustment" can be had by loosening off the suspension sub-frame and shifting it around - in this way you can adjust caster also - off course with no load on the front end. You can actually get quite a bit of adjustment on stock ride height vehicles using the latter method, but you really need a hoist to get it done. Anything lowered and you'd need after market adjusters as Nix said. There is for sure enough adjustment that you can adjust for pull in a stock Civic. And it was not a dumb question at all! :)

Last edited:
Thanks! Yeah, my car is lowered 1.6ish inches. I got rear arms but thought there would be some sort of front adjustment. Just purchased an ingalls front kit!

Does anyone know if you can get more camber adjustments by putting bolts in the bottom holes? I know the top ones have a sliding adjustment.

2jbsimf.jpg

Yes. If you buy a second set of camber bolts you can get more adjustability. If you're only getting one set then put them in the top hole. From what I read you get the most out of a single set in the upper location.

Back