Eibach Pro Kit post alignment numbers?

Driversound

SoCal
Vehicle Model
SI
Body Style
Sedan
Just got back into an SI this past Sunday and I was gonna leave it stock as it will be my daily driver and my second vehicle but I just can't stand that huge gap between the tires and fender. I just want a subtle drop so I'm thinking Eibach pro kit with its 1.2" drop all around should suffice. Seems like people are complaining about popping or creaking noise when dropping. For those who has the pro kit, does it suffer the same issue as far as noise. I'm also gonna add front camber bolts but would I need rear camber arms for the small drop? Height should be similar to HFP and not need rear arms correct? Post alignment numbers would really help to those that have the pro kit. Thanks.

You will still be within OEM spec from honda with the pro kit drop. No camber bolts/arms are needed for either the front or back on that particular spring setup.

Reactions: Nix
I just dropped my Si on a pro-kit over the weekend. I took it out for a drive today and there were no new noises. I took my time with the install and applied lithium grease to all of the spring/rubber connections. I will take it in for an alignment in a few weeks after the springs settle in. I do not intend on installing camber bolts as all of the results show the camber stays within specs.

I also had the pro-kit on my EX last year, but did have some squeaking from the rear. The install was done by a shop that time, so I think I was more particular with the install this time vs. the shop last year. You can find my alignment numbers from last year on post #27 here: http://9thcivic.com/forum/threads/your-thoughts-on-eibach-only-upgrade.6157/page-2#post-152606

Get your alignment numbers after a couple weeks of driving. If they are within spec and you are happy you are done. If you want more exact #s or to change them then it would be worth investing in the arms and bolts. It's really personal preference. The stock specs are decent enough just make sure to have the toe setting as close to zero as possible. This is adjustable from the factory so you won't need to buy anything other than maybe a basic alignment to get the shop to twist the nuts and get it in spec.

If you want more performance and better handling then camber bolts in the front and over -1 degree camber is great. I wouldn't worry about the rears unless you are concerned about tire wear and are over -2. On this drop you should not be.

Thank you all for the replies and photos. Pro kit should serve my purpose. Install shouldn't be a problem but haven't lowered anything since 2007. I've been mostly doing suspension lifts for Toyota Tacoma, 4runners and FJ's for the past few years. SI will be my daily driver. Aside from the springs, I might do a BC short shift kit/bushings and call it a day.

after my pro-kit drop I had:

-2.3 and -1.8 rear camber
-0.7 and -0.4 front camber

I tried to manipulate the front strut bolts to give max camber using the factory bolts, as there is a bit of wiggle room there.

ended up installing rear camber sliders and front camber bolts to give full adjustability. as others have said, with this drop camber adjustments aren't necessary.

Reactions: Nix
after my pro-kit drop I had:

-2.3 and -1.8 rear camber
-0.7 and -0.4 front camber

I tried to manipulate the front strut bolts to give max camber using the factory bolts, as there is a bit of wiggle room there.

ended up installing rear camber sliders and front camber bolts to give full adjustability. as others have said, with this drop camber adjustments aren't necessary.
Thanks for the numbers. I'm not sure what factory specs are but I think 1.8 and 2.3 are a bit much. I think 1.5 would be ideal setting for better handling without sacrificing tire wear. I guess I would need to get rear arms to be able to adjust to my liking.

Back