DIY Electrical Work inside/outside your car!

means best connection with least resistance in the electrical world :)

Gotcha! Thanks! I will go that route then. I should have plenty of that size floating around somewhere since they are too small for home electrical stuff and I tend to buy variety packs.

means best connection with least resistance in the electrical world :)

At least for a while... especially if you live in a temperate climate. Salt can and will get into just about any connection... I hate cutting into factory wiring unless I can seal it with heatshrink, better with the adhesive lined heatshrink IMO.

The inside of a wall box in a home is a far cry from the harsh environment in a vehicle. :D

At least for a while... especially if you live in a temperate climate. Salt can and will get into just about any connection... I hate cutting into factory wiring unless I can seal it with heatshrink, better with the adhesive lined heatshrink IMO.

The inside of a wall box in a home is a far cry from the harsh environment in a vehicle. :D
AlienPrime

What about solder and heat shrink? I am not opposed to going that route.

The only downside to using solder is that it creates a stiff spot in the wiring. If it's an area of a wiring bundle that flexes, and is not supported well, it could fail eventually. A door jamb wiring bundle would be an example of where not to make a solder joint.

that's a very good important point Michael Hurd! :)

heatshink will work well you will need to used either a few of them with some kind of sealer or something. Water can still get into heatshrink. but yes that's always a way to do it :)

Hi I am wondering if anyone could help me found out which fuse belongs to the ignition key light? I remember they were green when I had them working on my LX, but after I replaced a few lights in the car the ignition light is gone. Thanks

Well, I would like to know too, because I have never had a light in my LX key ignition. :pout:Maybe because I have a Canadian LX? :confuzzled:

Last edited:
you can try #28 (7.5A in engine bay)

or #19 and #20 in the cabin (also both 7.5A fuses)

if that doesn't solve it, i recommend bringing it to the dealer...

you can try #28 (7.5A in engine bay)

or #19 and #20 in the cabin (also both 7.5A fuses)

if that doesn't solve it, i recommend bringing it to the dealer...

Thanks AlienPrime! Ill take alook at that now.

Pauly99to17 I also have Canadian LX. British Columbia over here and I am positive I had the green ring.

2012 LX? If you have light, could you please take a picture of this light and post it here for me. Thanks!
I looked at the fuse yesterday and they were all good. ;( I'll have to ask around or something to figure it out

Well looks like I can answer my own question. Found this on Honda.com....

Progressive Instrument Illumination

The Civic's new instrument system uses progressive illumination to establish a "dialog" with the driver. When the door is opened, the instrument brightness turns on at 10 percent – a "welcome" of sorts for the driver. When the key is put in the ignition (encircled with an illuminated ring), the instrument illumination ramps up to 100 percent in one second. When the ignition is turned on, the illuminated instrument needles and enunciator lights come on, indicating all systems are go.

^^^^The only thing that I'm not sure about is this info. may be for the US model. When I look at my car it has a clear ring around the ignition though. Could it be a blown fuse? I've never had the light though so I'm skeptical that I have it.

Last edited:
Back