Engine Codes for 2012 Civic

HondaReference

I can't seem to find the engine codes for the regular 1.8L DX/LX/EX coupe or sedan, the 1.5L hybrid engine or the 1.8L GX CNG engine. Does anyone know these?

2.4L Si Engine Code: K24Z7

Yeah, those lists are everywhere and I just spent a few minutes going over that one trying to find something with "18" in the code or 2012+ in the description and I found nothing. The codes I am looking for don't seem to be in that list.

Thanks hey_mikey,

I'm still looking for the engine code for the Natural Gas version, anyone?

Also, I need the engine code for the Civic HF.

Civic hf has the same motor as the dx/LX/ex and the gx is also an R18, just modified to run CNG. Not sure of the designation tho

Also, I need the engine code for the Civic HF.

The Civic HF also gets the sameefficient powerplant as the rest of the lineup, but adds an aerodynamic decklid spoiler and unique alloy wheels with low rolling-resistance tires.
2012 1.8L - R18Z1
no one has the nat gas version. Your best bet would be calling honda.

I'll just wait on the natural gas version, not as important.

So the HF has the same engine, but gets better gas mileage? Is the mileage improved from aerodynamics only?

I'll just wait on the natural gas version, not as important.

So the HF has the same engine, but gets better gas mileage? Is the mileage improved from aerodynamics only?

lower ride height, underbody panels, spoiler, aerodynamic wheels, and low rolling resistance tires.

Yea I thought the 2012 CNG motor is based on the new R18Z1? Or is the increase in efficiency from the 2011 model strictly from the aerodynamics?

Looks like the GX nomenclature was actually discontinued with the 2011 model, and the new one is simply referred to as Civic Natural Gas.

I was mistaken. I had the 2011 up. The 2012 is called the CNG like hey mikey said. The engine code for sure this time is R18A9. I apologize for my ignorance.

Back