Engine mount

Slowmunroe

My next mod will be a rear motor mount. I've looked at innovative who sells rear only for 129 or all 3 mounts for 399. I liked innovative last time I dealt with them for my old b20 swap. The question I have is do I really need the other mounts? It seems our car has shown a weak rear mount and this is noticeable with wheel hop and my FR dp hitting. There was another company selling rear motor mount on the forum but I don't recall. Any input from people who have replaced the rear motor mount?

Hasport makes mounts many have used. They come in a variety of stiffness levels depending on your needs.

I literally just put my mount in yesterday. It vibrates a bit but I'm sure it will fade away.

I'm looking into to getting the Boomba mount set (the 2 torque bearing mounts) for 185$ through http://www.wesellcarparts.com/store/scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=9610 I plan on just trying the RMM first and the price for both seem fair. Heard its about an 80-85 durometer which is more than stiff for me.
They look nice but it's more expensive then the RMM from either company mentioned before. Also, it's only one piece, I guess you'd have to use the stock bracket that is currently on the motor?

The boomba lower rear motor mount is the same one as the r18 8th gen mount. It fits both cars so you can potentially use any 2006-11 non-Si mount. Not the top or sides but the rear lower.

Hasport has them available for both the 9th Si and the 8th non-Si.

$150ish I believe. The nice thing about the hasport is that they let you choose the durometer and they have replacement urethane inserts incase you want to switch durometer or when it wears out you can replace the innards. The inserts are $10. Damn cheap.

I think the boomba mounts are around 80a so they're pretty stiff. They never specify what durometer they are though. I had a set, for 5 minutes, then they came out. Way too much for me. I would suggest starting with the hasport 62a unless you're making a ton of power with a turbo or SC. Even then you could always change the insert later on.

The boomba lower rear motor mount is the same one as the r18 8th gen mount. It fits both cars so you can potentially use any 2006-11 non-Si mount. Not the top or sides but the rear lower.

Hasport has them available for both the 9th Si and the 8th non-Si.

$150ish I believe. The nice thing about the hasport is that they let you choose the durometer and they have replacement urethane inserts incase you want to switch durometer or when it wears out you can replace the innards. The inserts are $10. Damn cheap.

I think the boomba mounts are around 80a so they're pretty stiff. They never specify what durometer they are though. I had a set, for 5 minutes, then they came out. Way too much for me. I would suggest starting with the hasport 62a unless you're making a ton of power with a turbo or SC. Even then you could always change the insert later on.
The innovative are 60a and only 129.99. this is a brand I trust from my previous build and many recommendations from friends with high hp swaps intonolder civics. I think this is the route I'll be going. I guess most rear mounts aren't sold with a new bracket which bolts to the engine, but I'm sure that the stock hardware is fine, it's mainly just the rubber/urethane bit that is the problem with our cars.

The innovative are 60a and only 129.99. this is a brand I trust from my previous build and many recommendations from friends with high hp swaps intonolder civics. I think this is the route I'll be going. I guess most rear mounts aren't sold with a new bracket which bolts to the engine, but I'm sure that the stock hardware is fine, it's mainly just the rubber/urethane bit that is the problem with our cars.
The Hasport does come with a new bracket for the engine.

And it's 135 I believe.. not a bad deal although the mount looks solid enough. Thanks for the insight, do you have the hasport?
Yeah, I did a DIY for it too. It has a comparison pic of the stock mount and the Hasport side by side.

I have the Hasport too, great quality and made a ton of difference eliminating wheel hop

My next mod will be a rear motor mount. I've looked at innovative who sells rear only for 129 or all 3 mounts for 399. I liked innovative last time I dealt with them for my old b20 swap. The question I have is do I really need the other mounts? It seems our car has shown a weak rear mount and this is noticeable with wheel hop and my FR dp hitting. There was another company selling rear motor mount on the forum but I don't recall. Any input from people who have replaced the rear motor mount?
I had the hasport rear mount.. I personally didnt notice a huge difference.. I recently bought the whole 88a kit.. I think o need the whole kit because i have a turbo.. And o think that the engine hopping has caused pipes to bang around and even cause little leaks.. But im making around 400 hp

Reactions: Nix
I had the hasport rear mount.. I personally didnt notice a huge difference.. I recently bought the whole 88a kit.. I think o need the whole kit because i have a turbo.. And o think that the engine hopping has caused pipes to bang around and even cause little leaks.. But im making around 400 hp
Yea you would need the hard mounts for your setup. Any FI is very far down the road for me if ever so I think I'll stick with softer mounts at least to prevent my downpipe from hitting when I spin.

Yea you would need the hard mounts for your setup. Any FI is very far down the road for me if ever so I think I'll stick with softer mounts at least to prevent my downpipe from hitting when I spin.
Yea.. I didnt even think of it too much with out the help of people on this site.. Now i realize it was crazy not to have them.. The engine jumps so much that its messes things up too.. I cant wait to install them

Back