Excessive window fog inside the car

Flamethrower

Worcester, MA
Vehicle Model
Honda Civic EX
Body Style
Coupe
So I don't know about anyone else, but the inside of my EX fogs up all the time. When it rains, when it snows, when the sun is out, whenever. It's really weird. Now I am not doing anything inside the car to make this happen except drive. I also notice that no matter what I clean the inside of my windows with, it leaves streaks. Windex does nothing to help and Perfect Glass is the same. I'm using microfiber cloths like the directions suggest and still get streaks which I can see from the fogging issue. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to contain this problem? The Rain-X on the outside was a miserable failure, so I don't know how much I would trust the Rain-X Fog. I've never had a car fog up this much. I'm always turning on the defrost and rear defrost.
:feedback::confuzzled:

new cars "outgas". The new materials in the interior release gasses... which people refer to as the new car smell. That's offgassing.

dont bother with the rainex anti fog, i tried it once and it made everything worse. One time i went to a local car wash, let them wipe down the interior glass with their products and have never had issues since. Ive also had decent results with the eagle 1 glass cleaner.

are you running either of the defrost hvac settings? They will turn on the AC even though the light may not come on, and then when you turn off the defrost setting for one of the normal vent modes everything will fog back up.

For the time being I have just had the default setting to defrost when nothing is on. The little light is lit up. What settings do you run? What is the hvac?

"HVAC" (heating, ventilation, and air conditioning)

the two settings he's referring to are the "windshield" only, or the "windshield/feet" option on the dial.

I keep it just on the windshield only when nothing is in use. It still seems to want to fog up though. It's a pain in the arse to clean the inside of the windshield too. That angle is horrible. lol

directly from honda's owners link -

Removing fog from windows:
Switch on the fan, the defroster, and the A/C. Adjust the temperature control so the air flow from the defroster feels warm. Turn on the rear window defogger.

directly from honda's owners link -

Removing fog from windows:
Switch on the fan, the defroster, and the A/C. Adjust the temperature control so the air flow from the defroster feels warm. Turn on the rear window defogger.
Hmm my experience is just by turning on the defrost on the Si ac automatically comes on (though the AC light does not come on) i can feel the compressor kicking on and off while driving

Back