Exhaust Ideas?

Saab

Hey Everybody,

I've been looking at exhausts and I was just curious about what would be the best choice. I'm thinking of either getting the full-race catback and downpipe or the ultimate racing exhaust. I was also thinking of getting the full-race downpipe and injen axleback just for cheaper power, price, and sound. What do you all think? Any thoughts or opinions would be highly appreciated. Thanks.

You'd have to get something custom made if you didn't run the downpipe into the full race exhaust. The downpipe is 3" if I'm not mistaken, ....so you'd have to have a custom pipe made from the downpipe to the injen (if you went that route). 3" downpipe - connected to 3" full race would work. It wouldn't work if you went 3" downpipe ...to oem catback pipe...to injen axleback. That make sense?

i believe you are correct webby. the FR 3" catback is a FULL 3" from the flange inlet back... i'm going to go out on a limb here and assume that the downpipe will be a straight full 3" at the flange as well, so you would need to have some sort of stepdown adapter made (if the injen, for example ,uses the slip clamp from the midpipe to the cat flange like the FR exhaust, you could possibly have a custom midpipe to slot into the injen then into the flange with a taper up to the DP)... honestly? if you are looking at going downpip from FR you might as well just buy the whole FR catback exhaust and save yourself the headache... if you are going injen because it's say cheaper, you'll most likely spend the difference in the custom pipe

O wow thats right I forgot all about that lol. I can't believe that slipped my mind XD Well at least that's one option out.

200hp car need a 3" exhaust ??

coming onto a honda forum with honda enthusiasts and bashing the vehicle in a snarky manner is most likely not the best way to make friends here.

also, no, a 200hp car does not "need" a 3" exhaust, but, as webby said, the 3" provided better gains than the 60mm or 2.5", etc on the 8th generation, and 3" will especially provide better gains if anybody is planning going FI. is it "needed"? no. but if you are going to argue what is "needed" then anything more than say a smart car, or a honda fit to provide transportation in a reasonble fuel effecient and not very fast manner is all that is "needed". but does the 3" provide better gains once you start getting into modification? yes it does.

coming onto a honda forum with honda enthusiasts and bashing the vehicle in a snarky manner is most likely not the best way to make friends here.

also, no, a 200hp car does not "need" a 3" exhaust, but, as webby said, the 3" provided better gains than the 60mm or 2.5", etc on the 8th generation, and 3" will especially provide better gains if anybody is planning going FI. is it "needed"? no. but if you are going to argue what is "needed" then anything more than say a smart car, or a honda fit to provide transportation in a reasonble fuel effecient and not very fast manner is all that is "needed". but does the 3" provide better gains once you start getting into modification? yes it does.

so, what your saying is true, then current m3 maybe need 5" exhaust to see a hp gain ?

so, what your saying is true, then current m3 maybe need 5" exhaust to see a hp gain ?

i'm not going to get into a p*ssing contest with you over this, when you are obviously trolling.
there's dyno proven results that, with a tune, a larger diameter exhaust will provide gains, heck i'm sure something tuned with an open header would provide even more gains, though
it would be very obnoxious and not practical. the fact that you continue with the word "need" is incorrect, and you clearly didn't read what i said... i stated that a 3" exhaust vs a 2.5" exhaust WILL GIVE YOU BETTER GAINS, i never stated it was "needed" but i said that, if you are looking for the best power output, 3" > 2.5" in our case. period. nobody "needs" something larger, but if they wish to get the best gains for their investment, then yes, a 3" is necessary over a 2.5". period. it's a fact, not an opinion.

go troll somewhere else.

Saab, I was in the same dilema as you. I want a Full Race DP, but not the FR exhaust, so the only thing you could do is either wait for a 2.5" / 2.75" downpipe or get the full race system :/

Back