exhuast too loud

bigbossin

sunny san diego
Vehicle Model
Focus st
Body Style
Hatch
So after installing my Megan racing muffler and deletion of the resonator, I have been noticing that something sounds lose behind the dash

any specific area, any specific sound? Happen only on specific roads, or can you reproduce it driving normally?

any specific area, any specific sound? Happen only on specific roads, or can you reproduce it driving normally?
Glove box area, rattling like something is coming loose, happens when accelerating because the pitch gets up there and on any roads

can you have someone drive with you ... opening the glove box or feeling around to see exactly where it's at? Maybe the latch itself to the box?

Pleast let me know when you find out what this is. I have been having rattling a lot with my 2012 Honda Civic and I have had it for a little over 1 year. First there was a recall on a seatbelt in the back seat so they had to replace it and now there is a rattling in the glovebox area. I don't know what it is. I have taken it to the Honda dealership and they said put insulation in it to keep it from rattling. The next day, it started again. I don't believe that the 2012 Honda Civic is the best year for the Hondas.

Pleast let me know when you find out what this is. I have been having rattling a lot with my 2012 Honda Civic and I have had it for a little over 1 year. First there was a recall on a seatbelt in the back seat so they had to replace it and now there is a rattling in the glovebox area. I don't know what it is. I have taken it to the Honda dealership and they said put insulation in it to keep it from rattling. The next day, it started again. I don't believe that the 2012 Honda Civic is the best year for the Hondas.
Does it rattle when the climate control fan is on? It could be the fan hitting something that's on its way.

Last edited:
And other Honda models had the same seatbelt recall. My dad's 2011 Pilot had it.

No it does not. It rattles all the time, no matter what.
Interesting. Have you tried checking from under the hood if the sound is louder there? You can also see what's behind the glove box by opening it all the way. Each back corner side of the glove box are holding tabs that you can squeeze inwards. This will allow you to see what is behind the glove box so it will be easier for you to inspect the sound. You can also access the cabin air filter using this method if you are in need to replace it. But that's for years to come so you shouldn't worry much about that.

And welcome to the site! You'll find many info and advice here. Sorry about your ticking sound issue. :(

Interesting. Have you tried checking from under the hood if the sound is louder there? You can also see what's behind the glove box by opening it all the way. Each back corner side of the glove box are holding tabs that you can squeeze inwards. This will allow you to see what is behind the glove box so it will be easier for you to inspect the sound. You can also access the cabin air filter using this method if you are in need to replace it. But that's for years to come so you shouldn't worry much about that.
How wonderful! I will check this out tonight! Thank you so much. I will also be taking it by the dealership tomorrow since it is under warranty to see if they can fix it - for the second time this year.

When we test drove our DBP Si Sedan (over a year ago) we had a rattle in the glove box area - turns out it was the mounting screws for the license plate.
Since then the only issue is a windshield/plastic trim "squeak" for a few minutes when it's below 20 degrees F - it goes away when the interior warms.

Last edited:
When we test drove our DBP Si Sedan (over a year ago) we had a rattle in the glove box area - turns out it was the mounting screws for the license plate.
Since then the only issue is a windshield/plastic trim "squeak" for a few minutes when it's below 20 degrees F - it goes away when the interior warms.

What is your build date? Mine do exactly the same two things. The glove box in the summer and the dash in the winter.

What is your build date? Mine do exactly the same two things. The glove box in the summer and the dash in the winter.
FB6 #1137 MFG 11/11 The glove box rattle went away when they used the "loose screws" to mount our license plates! Assume windshield squeak is just shrinkage due to cold.

My build date is 11/11 as well. Same batch I guess. Like I said, the glove box rattles when it's hot and the dash is noisy when it's cold.

Back