Fail NYS emission inspection twice - HELP

I would do it in sequence at the same time. Otherwise you won't know if it's improper procedure or bad components.
It sucks then. The first step is to have the tank 3/4 full. But mine is close to full... I will have to drive around, waste some gas, and wait til tomorrow to start the steps in sequences...
My inspection has expired starting today....
Whoever comes up with those steps deserves a beat
LOL

It sucks then. The first step is to have the tank 3/4 full. But mine is close to full... I will have to drive around, waste some gas, and wait til tomorrow to start the steps in sequences...
My inspection has expired starting today....
Whoever comes up with those steps deserves a beat
LOL

I know the feeling. Trying to get the stars to align to do it is a pain but it's worth it.

The steps exist as certain components need certain temps and levels to work. They also need to monitor over a length of time to ensure a full cycle. You can try doing it with the tank less than full. It might work as long as you didn't just top it off.

It's all emissions garbage. If it wasn't for emissions testing we wouldn't have half of the **** we have on our cars.

Yea i would try to do the whole procedure in one shot if possible. Less chance of any problems caused by waiting between drive cycles. I'm lucky to be in Florida with no emission bs to deal with. My favorite that comes in to the shop is P0420-Small leak detected (in EVAP)....tighten your dang fuel cap! lol

Finally, I was able to complete the Emission Readiness code and pass the state inspection today. I followed all the procedures that Twitch uploaded here previously. I also did the additional instructions during the procedures.

The instruction says to press the gas pedal while at park to 2000 rpm. While doing this, I turned on the AC and the front/rear defrost and played around the car windshield cleaning at the same time. When finishing the 2000 rpm for 3 minutes, i let the car sit idle for about 10 minutes before following the remaining procedures. On highway, I maintained 50-55 mph for about 10 minutes. I did drop it 48 or 49 on some curves though. After all, that, the malfunction indicator lamp goes off.

Thank you all for your help. I really appreciate it.
:):):):):)

Back