Feeler: How many Si owners are interested in a race header?

Just wondering how many of you would be interested in purchasing a race header for your Si. As you probably know, the race header will basically be a downpipe for this application. We expect the power gains to be pretty good.

Also, if you live in the Bay Area (California), Weapon R would like to use a Coupe Si or Sedan Si for measurements and test fitment for this part and probably a couple others. I'm pretty sure there would be some free parts involved. :yum: PM me for details.

i think everyone?! haha

i hate you cali ppl! im stuck on the east coast, noone wants to use my car for fitment! =[ everyones in cali!

Maybe. I'm thinking pretty seriously about going down the Full Race turbo + catback path. I haven't really thought through how far I'm going to build out the car but I know I want a sleeper rather than something that screams ricer.

The bigger question for me is, "When's FlashPro coming out?" It seems like all I'm buying is a lot of potential without that and I don't want to sink a lot of money into toys if I can't play with them. (But, please, somebody correct me if I'm wrong. I'm new to the whole building/tuning thing.)

full-race will release their kit when flashpro is out

Hondata should be working on the FlashPro as we speak. I think they had some other projects they were finishing up and that is what has delayed things.

In any case, for this possible Weapon R Race Header, just PM me if you live in or around the San Francisco Bay Area in California, and you're interested in doing the test fitment for this race header (and potentially getting some free parts).

There's no true thing as a race header for integrated(cast) manifolds, you'd still be restricted by exhaust opening.

I just see this as a way for companies to charge more for a foot long piece of piping

There's no true thing as a race header for integrated(cast) manifolds, you'd still be restricted by exhaust opening.

I just see this as a way for companies to charge more for a foot long piece of piping
pipe with high flow cat or no cat

As webby just said, this is a larger diameter pipe without a cat. I mentioned in the first post that this could also be called a downpipe. Either way, it will increase exhaust flow and power mainly through eliminating the very restrictive factory cat converter. Now, if you still wanted a cat converter, you could always add a high-flow universal one later in the exhaust system.

On the other forums a user gutted out his cat and gained like 12hp. Id pay for a footlong piece of pipe that makes power like that anyday.

Any details on when the down pipe will come out? Full race has it posted on their site, but I don't think it's available yet

Ok, this downpipe needs to be released, lol. Everyone on the TSX forums has a downpipe with 2.5 piping and is claiming significant gains (sans tuning!).

Back