few question about n/a upgrade

Labeller

I'm new to the forum and I got a civic si 2013 hfp edition, I want to buy some n/a upgrade. I've read a lot on the forum and on 9thgencivic site too and im not sure what should I get. being said, I have a few question for you guys :

1: if I understand, only the prl cai is better than stock one for now? and will need a tune with fp to get it run correctly ?
2: hard to install prl cai? absolute need to change the clutch line ? is it COMPLETE bolt on ? no trimming or cutting..extra wiring ? battery relocation bolt in right spot? no need of drilling/tapping...?
3: I read somewhere that if you change the pipe size of the maf sensor, your car will run bad? stock is 3'' I think? correct me if im wrong please, witch aftermarket one is same size as stock ?
4: if I buy a 3'' F-R catted dP or the rv6 2.5'' dp and keep my cat back stock, will it create more restriction resulting in lost of power? absolute need a 3'' exhaust ?
5: zdx tb to the stock im , need adapter? if yes, will it get me a good difference of power between the stock and zdx one ?
6:about stock im resonator, what the purpose of it....some say it better to remove other don't...? trying to understand here..?
7: finally I guess with a few mods, i'll need a flash pro and a custom tune, if not it can result in bad tune/lost of power ?

I'm noob with this 9th gen , I had a eg with b16a and a b18c fully built in 2008 but since I sold the car, never touched another civic until a get my new si 2013 hfp last summer....im trying to get back on track with Honda tuning... dont know a lot of thing on k series but I just realize that our k24z7 isn't compatible with other one -_-

will be very appreciated for your answer !!

Welcome...lots of useful stuff here! Let me look and see what answers I remember from all the reading I have done.

1) Yes the PRL intake is the only brand of cai that shows gains according to the reputable tuner Vitviper
2)The PRL is involved, and there may be some wire extending involved, but I am not 100% on that. Other members do have it, so I am sure they will chime in.
3)I believe the only reason you'll need an aftermarket Maf is for forced induction
4)I have the FR downpipe and let me tell you it is worth it, but I also have a 3" invidia along with it. I am sure with a tune, you would see gains either way.
5)Not really sure, I have stepped away from messing with a tb until I really have to, also, if you change it be sure your intake fits
6)I still run my stock resonator, and am sure if you do, it will still be just about the same.
7) you will need fp for any gains, these 9th gens are funny when it comes to that, I used to have a 94 integra and like you, I am not used to having to have a tune on an NA build.... @VitViper is the best around so hit him up when your ready he has a great package deal on the fp and tune.

Hope that helps, and please if any of that is wrong, someone correct me! I am always up for learning, all of that is just what I know.

Again, Welcome!

Some additions to Dennis' statements:

4) Additional gains are made with a 3" exhaust over smaller ones. Even on NA setups.
5) A bigger throttle body will only net a small amount of gains on the top end.
6) As far as anyone can tell, the resonator is for sound control. Unfortunately, it seems to sacrifice a bit of throttle response as a result.

The PRL CAI is 100% bolt on. There is no cutting of tubing or wiring. You do have to cut some plastic on a wire harness but that is it... I have a DIY on it if you would like to look into it. I have it installed with flash pro and its amazing! sounds great too!
I also have Full race carless Dp with stock exhaust and seems to be good. A little raspy sound but I read that it goes away with tune which I am in the process of...

The PRL CAI is 100% bolt on. There is no cutting of tubing or wiring. You do have to cut some plastic on a wire harness but that is it... I have a DIY on it if you would like to look into it. I have it installed with flash pro and its amazing! sounds great too!
I also have Full race carless Dp with stock exhaust and seems to be good. A little raspy sound but I read that it goes away with tune which I am in the process of...

It mostly loses the raspy...but it is still there if you really get on it. Although, I am only on my 3rd vit map, so this could change in the future.

sorry but what do you mean by DYI ?

ok thanks, I looked over the prl cai DYI and it's nice, good pictures...I just don't like to relocate my battery and change clutch line ... what about the prl sri ? better than stock or not...seems like only the prl cai put better number than stock...? can't understand why other cai or sri are not better than stock ? compagnie make pieces and don't test it ? -_-

ok thanks, I looked over the prl cai DYI and it's nice, good pictures...I just don't like to relocate my battery and change clutch line ... what about the prl sri ? better than stock or not...seems like only the prl cai put better number than stock...? can't understand why other cai or sri are not better than stock ? compagnie make pieces and don't test it ? -_-

The SRI is very new and they just developed it, but I have it ordered and should get it by next monday or so...I can let you know what my results are with a tune

What are your worries about relocation? A lot of people change clutch lines to staineless anyways.

just don't want to change thing, want to stay like it is... I saw that thread http://www.***************/forum/in...jen-afe-art-intake-photos-dyno-charts-si.html are these number are after being tune or it just part installed and dyno ?

If you dont want to relocate your battery then just get the DP-FP plus a tune. All cai will require to relocate battery. Dont bother with any of the sri if what you want is performance maybe the prl sri or the rick spec'd but i believe they require battery rocation.

If you dont want to relocate your battery then just get the DP-FP plus a tune. All cai will require to relocate battery. Dont bother with any of the sri if what you want is performance maybe the prl sri or the rick spec'd but i believe they require battery rocation.
I agree with @W3R0. If you don't want to change things or relocate the battery stick with the stock intake. I think right now it's PRL CIA or leave it stock.

I wonder how good the skunk2 cai is?. It looks very similar to the prl cai except its plastic so no heat soak. Plus you dont have to mess with the clutch line. Does anyone have it?.

I wonder how good the skunk2 cai is?. It looks very similar to the prl cai except its plastic so no heat soak. Plus you dont have to mess with the clutch line. Does anyone have it?.
Correct me if I'm wrong but don't you have to change and cut some wiring with the skunk2? You don't do any of that with the PRL and IMO the SS clutch line is an upgrade on top of getting it to work the the PRL CIA.

Back