First time Civic owner... School me on the car.

zuckuss00

SoCal
Vehicle Model
2012 Civic Si
Body Style
Sedan
Hey guys,

Just bought a '12 Civic Si Sedan last week. Made the jump from BMW. Was looking for something a bit more reliable, better on gas and still sporty. Seems like the Civic Si was the right choice....

So far, I really like this forum. It's clean, organized and seems to have a good member base. Can't wait to contribute.

Anyways, I've been doing some reading and trying to gather the general census on the car.

What should I know about the car?

Also, basic stuff, what is the owner recommend oil change intervals and what weight and type of synthetic oil do you guys use.

I'll get some pics of the new car as soon as I can...

Thanks!

Welcome to the forum. It's a great place.

I've always followed the maintenance minder that is displayed in the console. Some users like to do their maintenance a bit more frequently. I've had quite a few Hondas over the years and always followed the maintenance minder with no issues.

The dealer that I go to for my maintenance always uses 0W20 synthetic.

Enjoy the car.

Welcome :wavey: The maintenance minder will tell you when to change your oil which is usually when the oil life hits 15%. I don't follow that though, I change my oil every 5,000 miles using the recommended 0W20.

Welcome. They've pretty much covered the oil change stuff. Any plans for modifying the car? There are some helpful links in my signature below for various aftermarket parts. They have a wealth of information. Or just ask any specifics

Welcome. They've pretty much covered the oil change stuff. Any plans for modifying the car? There are some helpful links in my signature below for various aftermarket parts. They have a wealth of information. Or just ask any specifics

Thanks. The info in the links are great.

I don't have too many plans to mod the car much. Just basic intake/exhaust perhaps. I had a heavily modified BMW for year, and learned the hard way how much the modbug can cost. For now I'm just looking for something cheaper and reliable and still fun, that's why I bought a Si.

Back