Fog Light RetroFit

Shine.

Hey guys, been a long time member over on the 8th forum and recently got into a 2015 Si sedan.
I retrofitted my headlights in my 8th and my current 9th with H1's. Im now moving on to do the fog lights. Has anyone on here done this successfully? If so id love to see some photos and share some tips and tricks for when I do mine. Ive found a few old threads with expired photos, So i decided to make a new thread.

Heres what im working with. Originally I wanted to go with fusion fogs but I came across these out of a pontiac torrent.

kAvaTSP.jpg

MtOFJ04.jpg

Hey guys, been a long time member over on the 8th forum and recently got into a 2015 Si sedan.
I retrofitted my headlights in my 8th and my current 9th with H1's. Im now moving on to do the fog lights. Has anyone on here done this successfully? If so id love to see some photos and share some tips and tricks for when I do mine. Ive found a few old threads with expired photos, So i decided to make a new thread.

Heres what im working with. Originally I wanted to go with fusion fogs but I came across these out of a pontiac torrent.

kAvaTSP.jpg

MtOFJ04.jpg
Definitely something I've never seen before, don't know how it would look tho

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk

I know @Nomar06 did some fog light retrofits for people with 8th gens. If I remember right, I think he used the 1st gen Lexus is300 projectors since they were pretty small.

What’s with the Pontiac ones you have? The rear part looks extremely long. Can you cut off that back portion so you don’t have clearance issues?

I used the is300 on the 8thGen and the Ford Fusion fogs on the 9thGen. I already sent some pics in PM.

Webby, Thats actually an LED flashlight taped onto where the bulb would go in to get an idea of light cut off hahaha.
Thanks for those pics Nomar06, Was just checking if anyone else on the forum had some more input or maybe even tried these GM foglights as well.

lol oh my. I was looking at that like what in the world

If they are smaller than than the fusion ones and you are happy with the cutoff, I would go with those.

The Pass side gets a bit cramped with the windshield washer bottle.

If they are smaller than than the fusion ones and you are happy with the cutoff, I would go with those.

The Pass side gets a bit cramped with the windshield washer bottle.

Not sure how they compare on size to the fusions , but I’ll be on my Christmas holidays beginning Friday so I plan to get started on it then. Going to remove my fog lights and start sizing it up. I’ll be taking photos along the way and if it comes out the way I want I may write up a DIY. Thanks for the heads up with the washer bottle.

Not sure how they compare on size to the fusions , but I’ll be on my Christmas holidays beginning Friday so I plan to get started on it then. Going to remove my fog lights and start sizing it up. I’ll be taking photos along the way and if it comes out the way I want I may write up a DIY. Thanks for the heads up with the washer bottle.

Once you get in there, pull the bracket off the bumper that actually holds the stock housing in place. I had to trim the back and the sides of if to get the fusion fog in place after it was retrofitted onto the stock fog.

Maybe you can eyeball the size of pontiac on around the bracket. What does it measure out to be now? 2.5 inches?

It’s 3.5inches across the face , about 4inches Long.

vHyHIQr.jpg

l5kyVET.jpg

Last edited:
About how much room was there between the fog and the washer bottle Nomar? I stumbled across some H1 projectors on ebay for $35CDN. I know it’s not going to give me the output my morimoto H1’s have , but at a price like that i can get an eBay HID kit and come in around $100. This things measure about 5” from front to back

About how much room was there between the fog and the washer bottle Nomar? I stumbled across some H1 projectors on ebay for $35CDN. I know it’s not going to give me the output my morimoto H1’s have , but at a price like that i can get an eBay HID kit and come in around $100. This things measure about 5” from front to back

The wiring on the bulb I was using basically stuck straight out and was touching the washer bottle. So basically no clearance, the wires were a little squished but it all worked out in the end.

If you can get a bulb where the wires point downward or anything other than straight back, it would be best.

Back