from '09 WRX to '12 Civic LX(auto)

torrent57

Body Style
sedan
and no regrets
Hello all
I came to a breaking point where I threw up my hands and said I'm done with the performance scene and shifting in heavy traffic. I guess I'm getting too old for it or just don't have the time anymore, but I just wanted something simple and relaxing to drive for my weekly commutes.

I had initially planned on getting the new '12 Impreza(big Subaru fan), but I wanted an automatic and I didn't care much for the CVT which is all they offer in autos. When I test drove the civic I was amazed at how composed and zippy it felt and with all the features it had standard on the LX. I was sold, they traded me straight across for the WRX(thank you subaru resale) and I got the remainder I owed on it refinanced at a lower rate. Dropped my monthly payment by $100 and my insurance by $68. I averaged 18-20mpg on premium fuel with the WRX, now Im averaging 32-34 on regular.
Saving again is nice :)

From time to time I long for something with more power, but for now Im loving this little car.

Welcome to the site. It's awesome that you're having fun with the new ride.

congrats man, I too after having an Si with aftermarket solid mounts am enjoying every minute of the comfort in my lx (albeit an '11) for daily travels.

I can imagine the '12 being more comfortable and efficient with it's updated engine and such. Congrats

That's great that you are enjoying a car that fits your needs better. We'll always have room for you back in the Subie family

-Keith
'11 WRX

Congratulations and welcome!! I'd love to see some pics of your new ride :D

...and the old one :)

thanks,

sorry to disappoint but I don't have a camera, lol I'm pretty spartan with electronics. My civic is Black, the WRX was world rally blue, no external mods.

welcome! :itsme: glad your enjoying the new car, I couldn't imagine having to fill up so often, saving money sure is nice tho

it's a 4door, always liked sedans, and yes I love saving as well

you know if I had to attribute 1 point of the Civic that tipped my decision and kept me from the Mazda 3 or Elantra, it was the Steering wheel. It's so race inspired and cool looking, doncha think? Reminds me of the Nissan GTR wheel:dopey:

and i thought I was the only one who thought the same!!! i remember looking at mine and saying, "gee....sure looks like a GTR wheel, nice!"

Back