Full Race 3" Downpipe & Exhaust installed!

I think it's primarily for looks, though perhaps the titanium coating is supposed to help with more than that. You could ask full race to see what they say. The pipe is already stainless, that was good enough for me. Ceramic coatings are functional though for keeping heat in and corrosion away, but I've had mixed luck in the past on headers with that where they got too hot and looked dull... Still worked though, but they were really visible on that car and I was bummed. Probably user error with too lean a mixture...

Would heat wrap around the dp do the same if not better than the ceramic coating?

Yes and no. Ceramic coating helps with longevity whereas heat wrap can lead to increased corrosion. Also they can coat the inside and outside... As far as heat retention, I'm not sure if one wins out over the other by much, but you could probably find some info on Google. You could ceramic coat and wrap them. If you were really concerned.

I was under my car this weekend, checking the gasket where the DP meets the exhaust, and I have 2 pointers. 1) the gasket that comes with whichever exhaust that was installed, check it to be sure it is okay because mine has begun to leak since I never replaced it....so I am ordering a new one now since it is effecting the drivability in a noticeable fashion. 2) I went bare as well with my DP and besides some coloring from the heat at the top and bottom of the pipe (mostly blue was all) it has been fine for me after the last few months and I think it is finally broken in.

A certain proud 2013 Civic Si owner received his Full Race Downpipe & Exhaust. Had the pleasure of installing and retuning the car. Before & after power graphs included as well. Keep in mind -- the car still has a STOCK intake, it's definitely heavily restricted by the stock airbox at this point.

Green graph is bone stock with a tune

Blue graph is after DP + Exhaust was installed and retuned.

img_6676.jpg

img_6681.jpg

img_6683.jpg

yuriy_edyno.png

vit, i'm confused...

is stock air box heavily restricted or not ???

Back