Full Race catted downpipe

WhiteFG4

Arizona
Vehicle Model
Civic si
Body Style
Coupe
Hey guys, a few weeks ago I contacted Full Race and I was selected to be a test fit vehicle for the new catted downpipe. (I also purchased the full exhaust). This is a YouTube video of the difference betwen normal exhaust and the catted downpipe/full exhaust. Honestly though, the video doesn't do it any justice. It sounds a little "pingy" in the video but in reality you barely here it. It has a REALLY deep tone and sounds Amazing!!

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4nJajj0lcg&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Well from when I talked to Geoff and Eric at Full Race they said it would be about 60-90 days after my car got fitted. I could be wrong, but I think that's the time frame they mentioned. And I've had mine on a few weeks, almost a month. So I'd guess close to oct/nov. I could be waaaay off, but that's my best guess. Since I've had it I've had absolutely no problems, either with fitment or noise.

And they have made a cat-less version, but it is pretty loud from what I was told. And I believe it throws a CEL code.

Overall though it really opened up the car, it seems a lot more peppy, especially when I downshift and smash on the gas. Can't wait to pair this up with a Full Race CAI, hopefully I can help them test fit one soon.

i could be wrong, but regardless of the time for this to arrive, last i checked, FR said they aren't releasing anything for the DP until flashpro is out... so... until that is released isn't this very dangerous to have on your vehicle?

i could be wrong, but regardless of the time for this to arrive, last i checked, FR said they aren't releasing anything for the DP until flashpro is out... so... until that is released isn't this very dangerous to have on your vehicle?

Oh wow, last I heard from Geoff he didn't mention that I needed flashpro, nor did he say it would be dangerous for my car. How so would it be very dangerous, do you figure?

Hey guys, a few weeks ago I contacted Full Race and I was selected to be a test fit vehicle for the new catted downpipe. (I also purchased the full exhaust). This is a YouTube video of the difference betwen normal exhaust and the catted downpipe/full exhaust. Honestly though, the video doesn't do it any justice. It sounds a little "pingy" in the video but in reality you barely here it. It has a REALLY deep tone and sounds Amazing!!
I am assuming this is a high flow cat that bolts up to the 3" exhaust?
Anyone know who makes performance cats for the 9th or at least who is developing some?

And I vote to take anyone who doesn't want cats to be locked in a poorly vented room and let them breathe the air coming from your non-catted car....

On a another note, it sounds good
I'd love that :confused: it might be bad just like when I was in Afghanistan

check with geoff, i'm not sure but your air-feul ratios may be off without a tune... i'd check with him :)

I'm calling him tomorrow, thanks for the heads up :)

I am assuming this is a high flow cat that bolts up to the 3" exhaust?
Anyone know who makes performance cats for the 9th or at least who is developing some?

I could be wrong but I thought high flow cats were universal for any car, just have to get the diameter for the piping. I believe the cat is located on the stock downpipe, just before the exhaust starts. So I think the aftermarket companies are incorporating a high flow cat along with a bigger downpipe to release any resistance on the exhaust. Idk for sure but I don't think you could put a high flow cat on a stock exhaust, or if ya could it probably wouldn't do much since its still very restricted with the stock diameter piping.

I could be wrong but I thought high flow cats were universal for any car, just have to get the diameter for the piping. I believe the cat is located on the stock downpipe, just before the exhaust starts. So I think the aftermarket companies are incorporating a high flow cat along with a bigger downpipe to release any resistance on the exhaust. Idk for sure but I don't think you could put a high flow cat on a stock exhaust, or if ya could it probably wouldn't do much since its still very restricted with the stock diameter piping.
I know the K24 doesn't have a "header" like most car engines and the cat is located right after the incorporated header so I'm wondering if it's a slightly different cat design than conventional types like the ones on cars that have the usual type of exhaust systems.

^the cat is so close to the header (or whatever you wanna call it) so that it heats up faster in order to reach operating efficiency more quickly...sucks big time for s/c applications, hence why most people remove it and run a cat further down the pipe.

can anyone tell me about their experience with the full-race downpipe and/or catback system. looking to purchase theirs or rv6 downpipe this week

thx

Back