Full race downpipe rattling.

Kevv_Si

Indianapolis
Vehicle Model
Si
Body Style
FB6
man I've been keeping you guys busy today huh....sorry for all of the posts but I have one quick question here. So after installing my full race downpipe Monday I get this really bad rattling sound leaving first gear like banging kinda. A little hard to explain exactly how it feels but I know it's not right. Now what I think it is maybe the old bracket that use to hold the stock downpipe down I actually left it on because the second bolt was a real B to get to, the rear motor mount is basically blocking most of it so I thought it would be best to just remove the bracket when my hasport motor mount arrives cause I can just remove the stock mount get to that bolt remove the bracket and boom add the hasport all at once and call it a day. Soo I'm just confirming that this would be what's causing most of the banging and rattling.
image.jpg That's the bracket I'm talking about the one that holds the stock downpipe.

There really isn't anywhere I can think of that the downpipe would be touching to cause a rattle. You think it could possibly be something else?

Id say its the bracket . I removed mine when I installed the dp. My dp did rub a bit on the underside under hard acceleration , but no rattling.

There really isn't anywhere I can think of that the downpipe would be touching to cause a rattle. You think it could possibly be something else?
I'll take a pic of what I think it is but idk it's really annoying and when I turn off the car you hear a bad rattling towards the back. I know it's not my catback exhaust though because before my downpipe I had 0 rattles 0 noises.

I have rattling, but it isnt the dp. It is my invidia exhaust hangers in the back
It's seems like that's where the noise is coming from. But I had litterally ZERO rattling noises from my invidia until after I installed the downpipe.

Downpipe is probably a bit shorter or longer than factory, shifting the exhaust a bit. I'm pretty positive mine is hitting the steering rack, ordered/waiting on a rear motor mount hoping it will solve the problem.

Downpipe is probably a bit shorter or longer than factory, shifting the exhaust a bit. I'm pretty positive mine is hitting the steering rack, ordered/waiting on a rear motor mount hoping it will solve the problem.
Yeah I'm hoping when my rear motor mount gets here it fixes that.

I have rattling, but it isnt the dp. It is my invidia exhaust hangers in the back

Did you get those exhaust mounts that are supposed to stop rattle noises? I need to get them and see if it will stop rattling.

Also I noticed my exhaust sticks out a little more now after the downpipe which is not a bad thing cause no more burning the top!
image.jpg
And yes I know she's dirty!

Did you use the gasket full race provided with the downpipe? I just reused my invidia one.

Lift the car and look at the DP and check for scratches/marks where it might be rubbing. Mine was hittig the steering bar but was caused by me installing the cat-back wrong the pipe after the cat-back was installed upside down.

Did you use the gasket full race provided? I just reused my invidia one.
I used the ones provided by FullRace.
ok because there kinda seems to be like a like coming from where the downpipe and catback connects might be because I reused the gasket and it's not holding tighter. Idk the gasket full race provided with the downpipe looked weak.

Back