Garage door that puts others to shame

Needs pathway out.. driving on grass is no fun. Ohhhh and I would love to be on the porch when the door opens. hehehe.

• Staff
haha I was thinking the same thing!

It does need a walkway/driveway. I was expecting more cars when the garage opened up.

pretty cool

Like many large cities, San Francisco has very limited parking. Many home owners have opted to remove part of the ground floor of their houses and convert it to a garage. However, recent changes to city code prohibit making drastic external alterations to historic properties. The engineers working with the owners of this home in the Haight-Ashbury neighborhood came up with a rather clever solution: turn a bay window into a garage door. From the Beausoleil architectural blog:

The bottom floor of the building, a historic Victorian apartment house, had a hodgepodge of storage rooms, utility spaces and an ancient studio apartment shoehorned between a dozen wood posts. The original brick foundations were underfoot. The project structural engineer, Don David of Double D Engineering determined that as part of upgrading the seismic strength of the structure they could get rid of the columns and the partitions, build new concrete footings, and create a clean open garage space.​
So, the house gets four parking spaces for the price of ten feet of street frontage, and a more structurally sound home all while keeping a classic look. And it’s even got a great top-secret James Bondian flare to it. What’s not to love?

• Staff
9iNBi.jpg

my jaw dropped that is awesome but yes i would have many more cars not two boats and truck inside :-P

Back