Getting Track Names on I-Mid with Bluetooth Audio

carpenj

Monroe, LA
Vehicle Model
Honda Civic Si
Body Style
Sedan
Anyone able to get the track names to show up, as they do with iPhone and USB, when using bluetooth audio? I have a Galaxy S4 so the USB plug-in doesn't work for me, and I always use bluetooth. It would be nice to see something other than random numbers pop up for each track selection.

I have a 2012 and when I stream Pandora, it shows the track information from my GS4. I don't have regular tracks that I try to play but Pandora shows it.

Usb is for iPhone only. On android getting meta data over Bluetooth depends on the kernel/phone and in the app. My gs3 shows meta data from my music app but not from pandora or anything else. My thunderbolt wouldnt show anything on the stock rom, but it would with cyanogenmod (different kernel). Before the update to android 4.3 on my gs3 it would show meta data from pandora too. So the update included a new kernel. It's also possible since you said you're getting random numbers that the actual mp3 files aren't tagged correctly.

I noticed that my son's DNA was displaying the tracks info, though he had not tagged what he was playing correctly and it was not showing the full tags. I learned that from my old ford's the MP3s from a CD would only like ID3V1 and no art. So that is how all my MP3's are tagged currently on my Galaxy S3. My imid displays the track info, but i am not sure about art since my mp3's don't carry that info. I was using the Samsung music player I think (I am on Alliance Rom 23 - Android 4.3).IMG_20140623_115747.jpg

Here is my Pandora Rundown
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3z1wRBYkZc

I am using Rocket Player on my Galaxy S2, works fine. It is also connected to music player app, all do not send the song information over the BT.

I think it has something to do with Samsung's software because my Nexus 5 and Nexus 6 have always showed song info in any app. My girlfriend's s3 and s4 has issues with the song info.

Actually I have used different Android versions on my S2 and custom ROM-s, not all work with Rocket player.

It's the kernel the rom or manufacturer uses. Some output information and some don't. Also some work with some cars and not others. It's really hit or miss.

Back