Got rear ended - electrical problems after fix

Only Human

So, I got rear ended at a red light. It wasn't too bad - old man thought everybody was going and was in a hurry, so he floored the gas pedal and ran right into me. But they still had to replace the rear trunk panel on the unibody, the trunk lid and the bumper.

Before the fix, everything was working electrically. I got the car back and they did a really shitty job buttoning things up.

1. The car doesn't recognize if the trunk lid is open. If I hit the trunk switch like 10 times, it finally recognizes it. It seems like the sensor is integrated into the lock and it's gone bad.

Worse is 2:

2. Whenever I apply the brakes, I hear a click in the trunk lock..... always..... and then intermittently, when applying brakes, or signaling left or right, the rear view camera comes on. Yes very weird.

3. They also forgot to plug the spoiler brake light in. It's a 2014 Si.

So, of course I am taking it back in Monday morning. And of course I've been OCD'ing about this since I got the car back on Friday. The problem appears to be a short somewhere.

Any inputs welcome.

Well, I did some troubleshooting for them- for anyone wondering.

1. I think the the trunk lock is bad because it is what it has the trunk open switch. So they will have to switch that one out.

2. They simply forgot to bolt down the chassis ground, and the lug is just touching metal (by luck) without a bolt. They will need to hook that up.

The ground lug is located below the left big tail light (not the one on the trunk).

That sucks....hopefully they can get it squared away for you pretty quick.

^this. Get your insurance company involved if things don't get resolved with the shop

Back