GPS Update?

Vince Palmieri

Toronto/Orangeville
Vehicle Model
Civic Si HFP Edition
Body Style
Coupe
Was wondering how to update my current GPS. My house is 2yrs old and its not on my navigation system. I'm assuming some update on a flash drive? Thanks

i take it you have the oem gps? Honda updates the navi system every year, update dvds are around 140 i believe. No guarantee that next years update will include your house though

My navigation user manual says that new map updates usually occur in the fall. I checked my vehicle and it said that it had the most current map. I have a 2012 Si Sedan that was purchased 2/12.

Don't know if this has any validity but when I purchased my Si my salesman told me that new map updates in the near future were going to be available via the USB flash.

I guess there is nothing stopping them from doing it by usb, but they have dvd drives in the unit. Since you have the 2012, you have the most up to date map currently available.

The Pioneer AVIC units have the ability to add addresses that arent registered using google, their AVIC Feeds software and a SD card, ive had to do it on several occasions since the last map update i bought was 2009

I have 2012 Civic Si HFP, my salesman said it was all done by satellite and updated automatically. I remember seeing on my GPS, something about inserting USB. Flash drive update seems most likely, thanks for the links! :spinning:

ask-this-old-house.jpg
:giggle:

Back