Greddy Intake 2014 si

MrHallRight

Alright guys so i had the intake first installed and had issues and felt as if i lost power. I took it to the shop and we dyno'd before and after and the results were 171.1 stock and after the intake 161. So lost about 10 with the intake and then they adjusted some things and ended up total still being down 5 hp but 3 more torque. Anyone have any other similar problems because im about to just throw the stock one back on. Do you need a tune for this intake to work? I wasn't expecting any stupid gains but a decrease in hp from a brand such as greddy is disappointing. Any and all help and i know there are better intakes such as the PRL and such but i wanted a full greddy set up. Also on the dyno he said mine runs rich (even before intake) and we looked up other dyno sheets and they all run rich so did anyone also notice that on their independent dynos? I know alot of questions but im hopping the community can help me out here. Thanks in advance!

Yes, you should have a tune, Hondata Flashpro is probably your best option, to be able to get the most out of your parts. It's been becoming more and more evident that none of the aftermarket intakes are providing gains except for a couple of large 3" CAI style intakes. One being the PRL intake which so far, has been the only one to show gains vs the stock intake.

Frustrating I'm sure, not just for you but for others as well. Definitely look into getting flash pro if you don't have it yet. It will make all your parts and your car run much better and give you the gains you are trying to get from them.

What other parts do you have on your car so far?

Yes, you should have a tune, Hondata Flashpro is probably your best option, to be able to get the most out of your parts. It's been becoming more and more evident that none of the aftermarket intakes are providing gains except for a couple of large 3" CAI style intakes. One being the PRL intake which so far, has been the only one to show gains vs the stock intake.

Frustrating I'm sure, not just for you but for others as well. Definitely look into getting flash pro if you don't have it yet. It will make all your parts and your car run much better and give you the gains you are trying to get from them.

What other parts do you have on your car so far?
Nothing right now that was the first mod. I don't want to tune it due to the warranty so I'm not sure. But with a flash I should be seeing the potential of the intake?

Yes, except that even tuned people were not really getting gains from the intakes. Except the 3" and 3.5" intakes that are similar to the PRL. Those definitely require flash pro to run properly. People have been getting much better results on the exhaust side. Downpipe and catback sections. Those also require a tune for optimal performance.

Yes, except that even tuned people were not really getting gains from the intakes. Except the 3" and 3.5" intakes that are similar to the PRL. Those definitely require flash pro to run properly. People have been getting much better results on the exhaust side. Downpipe and catback sections. Those also require a tune for optimal performance.
Will I have to tune with an exhaust or is that just where I'll be seeing some decent gains? Also at this point then there basically isn't any point in an intake even with a tune? (Unless prl and similar)

Back