Gurgling Sounds Coming From Exhaust

Verzerrung

Yucaipa, CA
Vehicle Model
Civic
Body Style
Coupe
Hello everyone, yesterday I was driving and went through a pretty flooded street (probably about 5-6 inches). After that happened, I hear a gurgling sound and couldn't figure out where it was coming from or from what. I hear it coming it from the exhaust, but I'm not exactly sure what it is. I drove my car about 40 minutes after this happened, but stopped driving it since as I don't want to damage something I can't come back from. I don't know much about this unfortunately about when I looked up similar articles with the sound it was regarding different things. I checked my engine oil and it looks fine and the I checked the coolant as well and there is no oil mixture. Any insight is appreciated, not sure how else to approach this or if it is okay to be driving? Thanks!

How low is your exhaust? Did it fill with water?

I had the muffler off, and I'm not sure how low, but my rear is dropped 2.25. I'm not sure if it filled with water.

So you have just a bare pipe coming from your cat? Where does your pipe end?

I had it off so I could change the seal.
50452757_2198155427099893_1562040199230259200_n.jpg

I also moved the exhaust to see if there is give, there is, but I don't know if it is supposed to be like that or not. The car still has power.

Well, it wasn't anything serious and it took me a while to figure out what it was. When I moved the pipe I thought it was lose, but when I hit the water it bent one of the heat shields and was causing it to vibrate or make the gurgling sound. Thanks for the quick response as usual Webby.
50272039_402508477152439_674161259603558400_n.jpg

Last edited:
the water caused that to bend like that? You sure you didn't hit some concrete or something? Either way, glad you figured it out

the water caused that to bend like that? You sure you didn't hit some concrete or something? Either way, glad you figured it out

Yeah no way driving through water bent metal! Maybe something in the water.. Yikes.

Back