Halloween 2012 pics

Nix

Jötunn Moderator
VIP Member
Lew-vul, KY
Body Style
It's A Fast Pig!
Allright.... Here's a look at this years setup. I was hesitant to put anything up due to the weather and uncertainty about rain. So I limited the display to only things that I knew were completely weatherproof. Not as complex as past years but overall worked out very well.

I only put things up Halloween day. Start early in the morning and get up the next day and take it all down. I like the surprise factor for people who were sure it wasn't going to happen. Also no one sees anything in the daylight making it more spooky when they come by at night and there is a huge display up.

Got everything taken down by about 9 this morning. People were definitely coming by for photo ops as usual but of course it was all gone and I was raking the yard and had to casually reply... nope nothing here that I know of. I heard about a guy who does a big display, never seen it though.

On to the pics....

The whole yard shot. I decided to impale my skeletons and have them hold lanterns to light the area.

p1020140j.jpg

The front left guy has a lantern with a flicker circuit.
p1020129x.jpg

I didn't hide the wire very well on this one but no one sees it in the dark!
p1020131x.jpg

This one is wearing a 200 year old hand sewn wedding dress. It was salvaged from my grandmothers attic. Her great grandmother wore it back in the 1700's. I wish it had been better preserved but hey, its perfect for halloween now!

p1020133k.jpg

The flying reaper. He got a real scythe blade this year. Last year it was made of foam. The best part of this one is that there are no wires or lines holding him up. Just the scythe handle extending into the ground.
p1020148c.jpg

Impaled bodies....
p1020142.JPG

Well who's that there....
p1020153p.jpg

Hiding under the bushes..... the red spotlight hit him well and lit the reaper nicely.
p1020154am.jpg

Helping to conceal the fog chiller and fog machine....
p1020150ha.jpg

Pumkins at night with a nice fog cloud going by. It was a little windy but most fog stayed low and crept down the yard nicely.

p1020160gw.jpg

My animatronic crawling guy tucked under the other bush. I removed the motor and controls due to rain but he still looks pretty good anyway just lying there...
p1020138f.jpg

I'll try and find some more night shots... I have like 3 cameras laying about with pics from the day....
p1020157n.jpg

overall a great success. I am beat though....

I almost forgot... this guy hides in the hedge leading up to the house from the left.... he is on a motion sensor for a red spotlight on his face and 3 flicker flame candle bulbs in his hand...
p1020143o.jpg

The stones at his feet hide the electronics and spot light. The also created a nice glow like he had a fire in front of him. The hedge is also a great place to hide out and wait....
p1020145p.jpg

Wow!!!!

Well, I carved a pumpkin.....not that I'd post it after seeing your set up! :D

And he comes through! Lovely job nix...awesome work. How long till you open up a haunted house? :thumb:

Maybe once I buy my own place out in the country a bit.... then ill probably do a large walk-through. We're looking for a place we can have horses so a large barn would work well.... hahahahah
Now what to do for next year?
phototk.jpg

Great Job Nix!!!!!! I feel the same way about getting a house in the country and going all out. I would like to have a trail leading to a haunted house with all of it covering at least an acre. I'll upload my pics and vids tomorrow.

Hahah thanks guys! I hope we have clear, nice weather next year so I can really bring out the full assortment.

Its a thursday next year so..... Friday 2014 should be a real good one! 2 years to plan!

Insane! I didn't do anything during Halloween since Sandy ruined it. Lol.

Back