Harness adapter wiring guide is lying to me. Where is the front speaker wire??

barfyman362

Hey. I'm stuck on the final portion of my new build. I was going to reuse the old speaker wire for my front door speakers. So I ran new wire from my trunk amp to behind the head unit where I was going to solder them together. My harness adapter told me which ones they were so I soldered onto them but then I discovered the colours don't match for the front left door!?

Excuse my dirty fingers.

First pic is the wiring harness where you can see it has the brown/gray and yellow/gray for the front right door, but for the front left door it has the purple/gray but no red/gray. Where the hell is it!?

View: http://imgur.com/a/1VdB3

I tried to bypass this for an hour and a half by running new speaker wire into the door but the ******* rubber boot is so god damn tight, I even filled it with lube. I tried a coat-hanger, silicon clothesline, fishtank tube. Nothing can get through.

Edit: I should mention this is a 2012 EX sedan

I'm using a crutchfield guide and the guy on the phone assured me I could just solder onto the wires behind the headunit without having to run new speaker wire into the door. I guess he's a filthy liar because the speaker wire for the left door isn't behind the head unit.

He might not be, stick up head up under the dash, the wires go through another plug and the colors might change there, if memory serves I thought the same thing, follow the forum link that webby gave u in the other post for the colors at the amp or radio. Here's the link to the post with all the wire color codes.

2012 Civic Audio Wiring Guide & Pinouts For Factory Radio

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?sh...-Pinouts-For-Factory-Radio.5916/&share_type=t

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Oh holy **** so I had it soldered right the whole time and I just wasted 3 hours trying to get through hell-grommet for nothing. Thanks man, I would've wasted another hour or two easily on this.

I was just really worried it went to another amp like

left door speakr -- amp -- harness behind head unit --- head unit

and i would blow up my speaker or something else when I tried running an amplified signal through another amp.

Haha cool.... turns out the mounting screws that came with my morell's are way too long. Wtf morell. Have to go to home depot tomorrow.

Should i use the crossover network for my rear speakers as well? Even without tweeters? Or only use it on the front where there are tweeters

Back