Has anyone noticed that the lights on the dashboard don't light up at night in 2012 civic?

Moiz Mian

THe buttons to change the radio/cd/phone are not lit at night so when you drive around, you literally can't see anything! Either I have a missing light bulb or this is a glaring omission? Can anyone else with a 2012 civic chime in and let me know if this is just me or all of the 2012 civics?

Maybe the switch to turn the cabin lights is turned all the way down?

you may be right, but this is the center console im talking about, does yours light up properly at night? If so where is the cabin light switch?
2012-honda-honda-civic--74d58.jpg

Sorry, I don't have a 9th but I would assume that those would light up.

No clue were the switch would be on the 9th...maybe through the iMid menus?

I think this might help....

ohhhhhhh... lol so when driving in the morning, when i put it on the 3rd one (headlights on, basically all the lights are on), my dashboard is very dim... is there a way to put it brighter?

Just turn the black knob thats on the tach on the right. The same one that resets the trip meter and what not. I wondered the same thing when we first got ours and fooled around with things until I found it. lol

but that only brightens the imid screen... not the entire dashboard?

It brightens the entire dash including the navi if you have one :)

As COps said yes it does brighten the dash. Turn your lights on then do it and it should work. You'll get a meter with brightness %.

Alright, thanks!

saw a thread on 8th -

I'm not aware of the radio controls "dimming" - just dash, but I could be wrong.

someone complaining about radio/heat controls with no lights -

I had the same issue, but there was a fuse that was blown. Try checking out Fuse #14 (7.5 A) in the interior fuse box. This one seems to control all dash lights pertaining to stereo controls/heating/ac etc..

kk
NOTE _ that fuse # is from the 8th. I do not know what fuse # controls the interior functions on the 9th - it could be the same though. If the fuse popped for some reason, it'd just need swapped out.

With all this being said I had to go out to my 9th Gen Si and look, it was driving me nuts. Here is a picture of my center console with brightness all the way up (as stated, the two knobs on your RPM guage, the one on the right, twist it all the way to the right with you're lights turned all the way on. A brightness meter will be displayed on your iMid).

Center Console.JPG

Moiz Mian no problem. You might want to check that fuse as Webby posted. I turned my brightness down all the way and still had a small amount of light behind those buttons. If you're dash is completely dark, i doubt its a brightness issue. It is probably a bulb or fuse issue. I know when I test drove my Si, they did not even have any fuses in the car. Nothing on the dashboard worked, stereo didn't work, basically it just started and ran. The guy at the dealership said they ship them without fuses. Maybe someone overlooked putting that fuse in you're car?

correct - if you're in the drivers seat - below and to the left of the steering wheel. Hang your head down where your feet go on the driver side and look up

Wow this is a good question! Hopefully connorsaj's suggestion works out for you...if not webby's should :)

It can always be a problem thy Honda has to fix. Last i read it is covered under warranty but hopefully you figured it out and they work.

Did you ever find a solution to this? I just bought my civic today and noticed tonight that the buttons dont illimunate.. i really dont want to already have to take it in..

Did you ever find a solution to this? I just bought my civic today and noticed tonight that the buttons dont illimunate.. i really dont want to already have to take it in..
The brightness is adjusted for day and nightime use. When i first got mine it was the same thing, but the brightness was too dim.
The brightness adjusts according to your lights being off(daytime) or on. At night, it dims down so you can see better, and during the day it's brighter.
Turn the lights in your car off, and turn the dial all the way up, then turn the lights on and the brightness should dim. Now adjust how bright you want it for nighttime, i personally put it around 3 clicks from brightest.

Back