Have a Motorcycle? Get in here!

Bartjo06

Old Town, ME
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Coupe
I searched and didn't come up with anything, but if there is already a thread feel free to delete this one.

Anyways, as car fanatics, I'm sure a lot of us also have other similar hobbies. For me, during the summer, I love to ride my motorcycle every chance I can get. Before I had the Si, I was driving a 2009 GMC truck so I saved a TON of money commuting to work every day on the bike.

Post up some pictures of your bike and what you've got done to it.

Mine's a 2007 Buell Firebolt XB9R - Mods: Jardine GP1 exhaust, custom tune, and HIDs.

IMG_20120726_113552.jpg

Two-for.

2012-09-08_16-09-40_33.jpg

I love it, for those that don't know, Buell was manufactured by Harley Davidson for quite some time until ~2010 when they decided to liquidate the company. Erik Buell has now come back with a new company (Erik Buell Racing) and is starting to build bikes again on his own. Next summer I'm going to be purchasing a Harley just to make my commute a little more comfortable, but I can't see ever selling the Buell.

30cndzr.jpg

2lia5hj.jpg

29okh9v.jpg

My car is a 2012 Coupe....... My bike is a Honda VFR (It has a V-tec V-4) . The way the bike works is the 4 valves per cylinder only runs on 2 valves until the rpm reaches 6,700 to red line(12,000), then all 4 kick in. It has a single sided swing arm (4 lugs and the wheel comes off, no adjustments).
I bought it new in '08 and have 45,000 miles on it now.

I have a 100th Anniversary Electra Glide Ultra Classic Harley Davidson.

This is exactly what it looks like, but I'll post an actual pic later when I get home.

2hqunnd.jpg

Here's one with Marla sitting on it.

2hdnqt4.jpg

That looks so comfortable, I'm looking at getting a Fat Bob this winter, rode my first Harley this summer and want one bad now.

I work at a motorcycle dealer, and i have some weird attraction to riding old shitboxes, so my bikes tend to suck up most of my money...lol

gs1.jpg

Daily Ride #1:
1978 Suzuki GS750
53000+ Miles
Vance & Hines 4-1 Exhaust
K&N Pod Filters
Progressive Suspension
Digital Ignition
Dyna Coils
530 Chain Conversion/Geared

Its ugly as all hell, but runs strong and refuses to die!
drz.jpg

Daily Ride #2:

2000 Suzuki DRZ400S
Yoshimura Slip On Exhaust
Factory Connection Fat Guy Suspension
Acerbis Hand Guards
Theres a bunch of other little stuff, but nothing major. The bike is perfect for back roads and the woods.

cb.jpg
gs2.jpg
h1.jpg

The rest of the current bikes are all projects, including a 72 Honda CB450 which will get a mild bobber treatment, another 78 Suzuki GS750E that will be cafe'd, and my baby, a 72 Kawasaki H1. Its a Two Stroke three cylinder 500, which should be worth at least a few oh **** moments:bricks:

All of them look like so much fun. I had a 1973 CB360 that was in really good shape when I was younger, I wish I would have kept that thing.

And if we're including dirtbikes:

My 2005 YZ250F project I had this summer.

Looked like this when I got it
IMG_20120425_180238.jpg

And like this when I sold it ~3 months later
IMG_20120607_073202.jpg

It was a LOT of fun while I had it but I found myself always pushing the limit when I was on it and I can't afford to get hurt with my job at this age. I had a heart to heart with myself and said "I'm not 16 anymore" so I sold it for $500 more than I bought it for. I will have another one someday, I can't stay off them.

I'm 6'0" 185 lbs so mine is really pushing it, I get pretty uncomfortable after about 1-1/2 hours. That's the reason I'm looking for a Harley. Currently looking at 2012/2013 Fat Bobs. Starting to think about Street Glides/Road Glides though if I want something to be comfortable on.

Back