HDMI Audio While Driving

jsac90

Hi All,

I think this might have already been answered but nothing was coming up with my (brief) search attempt.

I know the 2014 Civic disables HDMI while the car is moving but does this only apply to audio or video as well? I haven't had the time to test this and was wondering if anybody else had.

I'm asking because since the car has no AUX jack, I was thinking of getting an HDMI to VGA / 3.5MM adapter and using it strictly for audio playback. Something like this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Z-Tek-IO-Cr...=US_Video_Cables_Adapters&hash=item4adad6c92f

...which has VGA to HDMI with AUDIO IN support (supposedly. Most of these only come with audio out).

I'm well aware that the car has Bluetooth and iPod capability but there are just times where a 3.5mm aux jack is more convenient.

This forum had a ton of awesome information so I figured if nobody on here can answer, I'll just have to risk 15 bucks and try it myself. Thanks in advance :)

Well when I have used the hdmi cable & take it out of park it disables the video, but the audio still comes in... As for this magical adapter... My guess is it should work if it does what it claims...

Here is my issue with using the hdmi jack for any reason: the placement of the hdmi jack is actually a pain. Even with my 1' hdmi cable trying to keep it wrapped up in the small cubby just below the jack tends to be a pain ... My suggestion is to rock out the Bluetooth and call it a day :)

Example

696c1f751d5695313066e23311e6b32c.jpg

You, sir, are a gentleman and a scholar!

I'll pick one up to test but that does look rather inconvenient. Most of the time I'll use bluetooth but driving around with friends who all want to play something on their various devices, this would be a better solution.

Thanks again!

I picked up a few on ebay and other online vendors and none have worked thusfar. As I suspected, most of the adapters ONLY SUPPORT AUDIO OUT.

In order for this to work, THE ADAPTER WILL PROBABLY NEED TO SUPPORT AUDIO IN THROUGH THE AUX JACK. I haven't found any cheap ones with this functionality yet.

Back