Head unit change questions.

FG4 Pjay

Guam
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Coupe
Okay im sorry to bust all the questions but i want to change out my head unit to either the oem navi or a after market double din and i have a crap load of questions before actually doing it.

1. Will i lose the change/volume access from the steering wheel?

2. Will my imid show what song is playing?

3. Will I lose the usb access inside the arm rest?

4. Is this a good idea to do this? lol

Please help.

Okay im sorry to bust all the questions but i want to change out my head unit to either the oem navi or a after market double din and i have a crap load of questions before actually doing it.

4. Is this a good idea to do this? lol

Please help.

For aftermarket:
Yes, unless you get a harness
No
Yes
4. Is this a good idea to do this?
Depends on your goals/what you want out of the sound system

# 3 is wrong, I have USB in my armrest and it looks factory,I have a alpine

Alpine sells a cable that fits inside the factory location,but you do lose the imid screen shot change option...:(

# 3 is wrong, I have USB in my armrest and it looks factory,I have a alpine

Did you connect the factory USB in the armrest to your head unit? Or do something else? Because it does not work if you simply swap out the head unit.

No not factory but got the cable from alpine an ran it into the factory location inside the arm rest

No not factory but got the cable from alpine an ran it into the factory location inside the arm rest

Your contradiction of #3 is incorrect then. Please don't confuse people.

He asked if the USB access is lost, I just showed it is still possible, easy man, easy.. People are so sensitive today.. I just pointed out something

He asked if the USB access is lost, I just showed it is still possible, easy man, easy.. People are so sensitive today.. I just pointed out something

Not being sensitive at all. It all comes down to the correct answer in response to a question. If you change out a head unit, you WILL lose the use of the factory usb cable in the armrest. Running a new one is a solution to the problem presented by swapping head units. We do our best to help people out, not confuse them.

Wel I know that but I simply responded to the question ... If he would have said do I lose the factory USB I would agree, my take was an I still use USB in my arm rest... Maybe I just didn't understand, it's all good man

The reason squiggy responded like that is because swapping out the head unit you DO LOSE the factory usb. And you do not retain it unless you run a new one (provided your head unit has usb) or splice into the factory. You cant simply swap the head unit out with a normal harness and retain factory features. We dont want people confused on that part ;)

I know, but he did ask if he would lose access to the USB under the arm rest... I took it as "will I be able to get USB in my arm rest?"that's what I meant..

Understood the intention. You can wire usb anywhere. In my shoe if I wanted. I take it as will I lose my usb connection thats working now, which he will, unless he wires it up himself.

hey guys
anybody can give me a hint whether I need a dash kit for installing a double din HU on my 2013 LX civic which is a bit different to yours?see pic below
I am not worried about steering wheel controls (there is no control nor bluetooth).
would u give me the list of things I might need to install any HU here?
image_9.jpg

actually it is a single din with a spacer pocket!, I think it has already come with a dash kit like this one , not sure though.
http://76.12.243.69/i/bkhonk840.jpg

sounds to me there was a navi head unit or something which has already been downgraded to this cheap radio.
I wonder if there is any brackets compatible with double dins in there? I hate disassembling the dash twice. wish somebody could throw a clear idea.

Take a closer look at the pic…it is not a United States-based Civic. Could be Canadian or International overseas. The speedo is set for km/h, and that Civic does not have an i-MID screen. It has a text based screen with clock and mileage. The single DIN radio is a Honda radio. Looks like it would handle a Double-DIN okay since it does not have the US-based radio which featured a different dash panel.

Back