Heavy trunk spring

I'd get the one you linked.
@webby

I thought about getting that one. However,
I don't know which one is a more heavier duty trunk spring though. I will probably call college hills and find out more.

Thanks for your suggestion.

Tak

Until recently, the si spoiler has been much smaller than that spoiler you've linked.

Reactions: Tak
Until recently, the si spoiler has been much smaller than that spoiler you've linked.
True on 2012 Si, and the trunk spring from 2015 Si seems a bit more heavier. The wing I linked above looks way more heavier than the 15 Si wing. Don't know if I can also use 15 Si trunk spring.

@webby
I just bought the one from the link and didn't choose the one from Si. Once I receive it, I will test it out soon, then share the updated info.

Awesome. Thank you
I bought the heavy trunk spring from @CollegeHillsHonda and installed it with a difficult time even with the tool.

The result was unsatisfied. The result of using the heavy-duty trunk spring is as same as the stock one. The trunk got unlocked and that's all about it.

Before having the spoiler installed, it popped and opened with a little space.

I may need to find another workaround in order to have the trunk pop and open with a little space.

Thanks

well that sucks it didn't help it more. I've seen this that was done on a prelude before -

JtJWAt2.jpg

they essentially mounted a gas strut to the rear seat back frame & then the trunk arm

I bought the heavy trunk spring from @CollegeHillsHonda and installed it with a difficult time even with the tool.

The result was unsatisfied. The result of using the heavy-duty trunk spring is as same as the stock one. The trunk got unlocked and that's all about it.

Before having the spoiler installed, it popped and opened with a little space.

I may need to find another workaround in order to have the trunk pop and open with a little space.

Thanks
Forgot about @Pauly99to17 's diy as a method
http://9thcivic.com/forum/threads/trunk-pop-up-higher.12373/

Just followed the instructions from @Pauly99to17 and bought two bungee cords from Home Depot.

The result is the same and I'm disappointed LOL. I thought it could've worked. Haha

I guess that mugen wing is very heavy.

I probably remove it and weight it when the weather is very warm.

Thanks again.

Were the bungees short and really stretched out to the max? That wing is super heavy. Probably too heavy.

Reactions: Tak
Were the bungees short and really stretched out to the max? That wing is super heavy. Probably too heavy.
They are a short one and stretch but I'm not sure if they stretch to its max. I know the cord is tight and pull.
I think the wing is probably too heavy LOL

well that sucks it didn't help it more. I've seen this that was done on a prelude before -

JtJWAt2.jpg

they essentially mounted a gas strut to the rear seat back frame & then the trunk arm

Just wanted to comment about this mod. I did this on my old 04 civic because I put in larger rear deck 6x9s and had to remove the torsion bars. It does work well, just somewhat tedious to get the shocks at the right position to fully open the trunk when extended. I did used to have to slam the trunk closed pretty hard though because it would swing open on the highway at times :confused:. Also, in the beginning the shocks would extend fully and the truck would open nice and smooth, but eventually the shocks would weaken and you would just need to pull the truck up yourself after it was unlatched.. so the shocks were just a guide up (could be viewed as a minor issue for some... but acts essentially as stock trunks in these cars anyway).

Actually i purchased that same spring. I havent got the chance to install them yet. Super busy. But i heard they work.
Doesn't look half bad. That could work

I paid to play. Just bought a pair from eBay that only costs me $13 shipped. The seller is in U.S so I think I will get them shortly. Hopefully this cheap mod works. If that's the case, I'm gonna do a video.

Just wanted to comment about this mod. I did this on my old 04 civic because I put in larger rear deck 6x9s and had to remove the torsion bars. It does work well, just somewhat tedious to get the shocks at the right position to fully open the trunk when extended. I did used to have to slam the trunk closed pretty hard though because it would swing open on the highway at times :confused:. Also, in the beginning the shocks would extend fully and the truck would open nice and smooth, but eventually the shocks would weaken and you would just need to pull the truck up yourself after it was unlatched.. so the shocks were just a guide up (could be viewed as a minor issue for some... but acts essentially as stock trunks in these cars anyway).

I considered this mod using damper. However, I am not interested in drilling more holes and removing the very expensive trunk spring from college hills.

Back