Help clean front seat from Coffee (2014) & no heated garage (minus 10 outside)

justdano

My 2014 Civic basic has front seats that are not real leather nor true cotton cloth in any sense I can tell. I read the manual and there is no suggestions on cleaning seats from normal dirt or minor stains. I spilled small amount of coffee (sugar and cream). I have a garage but its unheated and temp outside is -10.

First, anyone know what material these seats are made of?

Second, with temperature being -10, in my garage, what method do yo suggest to clean it? By clean, I mean remove coffee stain? I do have a heat gun but am afraid of melting the material the seat of made of when drying it.

Thanks for any help as the manual was no help on this issue.

Hit up the local Home Depot/Lowes/whatever and look for a carpet cleaning product called Folex. It's pretty safe on everything out there. Works great too. Try that with a damp rag soaked in very hot water. I would just try and gently rub in the folex and blot up the spot. I don't think I would use the heat gun but maybe try and do this after you have been out running errands and the car is warm and you've had the heat in the car blasting for a while to heat up everything inside. Do it right when you get home.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Folex-36-oz-Carpet-Spot-Remover-FSR36/202820334?N=5yc1vZbzju

My 2014 Civic basic has front seats that are not real leather nor true cotton cloth in any sense I can tell. I read the manual and there is no suggestions on cleaning seats from normal dirt or minor stains. I spilled small amount of coffee (sugar and cream). I have a garage but its unheated and temp outside is -10.

First, anyone know what material these seats are made of?

Second, with temperature being -10, in my garage, what method do yo suggest to clean it? By clean, I mean remove coffee stain? I do have a heat gun but am afraid of melting the material the seat of made of when drying it.

Thanks for any help as the manual was no help on this issue.

If you need to warm the seat use a hair dryer on medium or low - you just want to get the spill to liquefy (30-40 degrees F (0-5 C)) should do it.
Never use a heat gun unless you're intending to melt something, or start a fire. The under layer of a seat can easily catch fire and smolder for hours before flames consume it and your car/home.

Reactions: Nix
You can always swing by the dealership and pick up a bottle of the Honda interior cleaner. I believe its something like $12 and works for carpet and seats.

I've used it before on a black interior and worked nicely, but was not cleaning a coffee stain.

Back