HELP! Flashing Lights!

Glenn Curtis II

Akron, Ohio
Vehicle Model
Civic
Body Style
Hybrid
Ok, so I started to put together my comparison of all of the 194 bulbs that I purchased when something weird started to happen. On my second bulb, all of the lights (brakes, flashers on both sides and rear turn signal) all started to flash when I put on the turn signal. What is going on?!? Please help!

Ok, so I started to put together my comparison of all of the 194 bulbs that I purchased when something weird started to happen. On my second bulb, all of the lights (brakes, flashers on both sides and rear turn signal) all started to flash when I put on the turn signal. What is going on?!? Please help!

Could it be fuse? Blinker relay? Where should I begin to look?

Sorry, that's a little out of my league.
AP and ADEx would be the best people to help

Ok...So I put my old headlights on and they act normally. So, could it be the harness that came with the lights? This is really the only thing I can think of.

I can help you best if you record or draw your setup. So what did you do exactly as far as installation?

I have UAE OEM spec headlights. An adapter harness was included that basically splits the single turn signal into 2 that alternate back and forth. I can't really draw the set up and have a feeling it is in the harness itself, but will provide you with any pictures I can.

Weird thing is, all of the lights come on ONLY when no other light is on. Meaning, if I have the headlights or parking lights on, this does not occur.

Does anyone know the fuse locations? I'm looking in the manual and not really finding a fuse specific to parking lights/turn signals.

remember what i said about the resistors?

remember what i said about the resistors?

I do, but these are all incandescents and it only occurs when I put on the turn signal with no other lights on, i.e. no parking lights or headlights. When the parking lights or headlights are on, this does not occur.

I do, but these are all incandescents and it only occurs when I put on the turn signal with no other lights on, i.e. no parking lights or headlights. When the parking lights or headlights are on, this does not occur.
different wattage............... need to use resistors for wattage correction. 49w, or 1w, it's a wattage differential; that the car picks up.

Now you know at least :)

Back