help installing takeda intake

deveinonmystick

North Jersey
Vehicle Model
Si
Body Style
Sedan
ive had my takeda intake for 3 weeks now and its just sittin in my living room, im dyin to get it installed but this crappy weather has made it hard for me. this week has been nice (weather) and it looks like its gonna get even better. im really not that good with installing things under the hood, so can anyone tell me from 1-10 how difficult it is to install a takeda intake or should i just pay to get it done? im scared of installing it the wrong way and gettin check engine light on or something worse. if i do go with paying to get it installed, what would be a reasonable price to pay?

I've installed it more than a couple times, switching between the stock air box and the Takeda. The first time took me about an hour and 30, if I had to do it again I can probably do it in 20 minutes. It's very simple. Just a racheting socket wrench, phillips head screw driver and an extension for the socket.

Without FlashPro you're going to experience some variable performance. As in you'll feel an immediate performance gain, then quite possibly a loss a power in a few weeks or month. It's not your mind playing tricks on you or you getting used to the power... your ECU is compensating for intake (which is a bad thing). A couple of guys unplugged the battery to reset the ECU to 'recover' the performance every month- I ended up switching back the stock box. This was before FP was out.

I've installed it more than a couple times, switching between the stock air box and the Takeda. The first time took me about an hour and 30, if I had to do it again I can probably do it in 20 minutes. It's very simple. Just a racheting socket wrench, phillips head screw driver and an extension for the socket.

Without FlashPro you're going to experience some variable performance. As in you'll feel an immediate performance gain, then quite possibly a loss a power in a few weeks or month. It's not your mind playing tricks on you or you getting used to the power... your ECU is compensating for intake (which is a bad thing). A couple of guys unplugged the battery to reset the ECU to 'recover' the performance every month- I ended up switching back the stock box. This was before FP was out.
Thx very helpful

Damn that sucks! Didn't know that's what happens :/

Is everyone having this issue that runs this or any intake?

Back