HID ballast plug does not fit factory harness plug! Any have this issue???

Jwilly

O'Fallon, Missouri
Vehicle Model
Si
Body Style
Coupe
While installing the fog hid kits, I noticed that the plugs do not "click" together like my low beam kit did. After further investigation, I found the reason it was not securing properly. The prongs on the ballast plug are wider than that of the factory plug. Any input from X.D. or anyone willing to give advice would be great! Unfortunately I'm going to have to put the bumper back on that was a pain to get off, as it is too late to finish now. Damn.

And you ordered ...or they sent the h11 kit? It's possible it's the wrong one. Did it have paperwork showing what they sent?

Yes sir, ordered the H11 kit for the fogs and it also states on the box that it is H11. Needless to say, I'm left scratching my head. Lol

You'll have to take some pics of the situation if you can. Are these from xenon depot?

Yes, the kit is by Xenon Depot. Plug on the right is the factory and the left is the ballast. Notice the difference?

Attachments

• plugs.jpg
    plugs.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 27
Call them tomorrow. They are a really good company to deal with. I had issues with an order and they went above and beyond to fix it.

Either they will be able to tell you what you're doing wrong, how to make it work, or they will fix the problem for you.

1-877-522-2701 Monday - Friday - 10:00am - 6:00pm EST

XenonDepot
I'd need to see the ballast I guess. That's a male connection on the left. Is there not a female h11?

51z5HhnlQ6L._SL500_SS500_.jpg

Yes, the kit is by Xenon Depot. Plug on the right is the factory and the left is the ballast. Notice the difference?

Not sure if you have called us to resolve this yet or not, but thought I jump in and help out.

Are you trying to connect the ballast connector directly to your stock harness? If so that would be why its not working. You should have received an H11 connector with the HID bulb which is what you connect from the ballast to your stock harness.

Thanks,
Danny

Sorry it's taken me so long to respond, I've been without a computer. I will have to check on the connector when I get back in town from business. Thanks for helping a new guy out.

Sorry it's taken me so long to respond, I've been without a computer. I will have to check on the connector when I get back in town from business. Thanks for helping a new guy out.

No problem, just keep us posted and let us know if we can help out with anything.

Danny

OOOOOK! So I'm finally back in town and apparently I'm a schmo! The kit did have the appropriate connector. Went on without a problem and should have pics up shortly. Thanks!

Back