HIDs with LED DRL Kit?

Pauly99to17

Ville de Quebec
Vehicle Model
2012 LX
Body Style
Dyno Blue Pearl Sedan (FB2)
Will I get codes if I install an HID kit and I already have an LED DRL kit installed? The LED DRL kit has resistors and I have had no problems using the high beams with these lights.

This is the DRL kit I already have installed.
http://store.ijdmtoy.com/9005-LED-Daytime-Running-Light-For-Acura-Honda-p/led_sku45_r2.htm

Also, has anyone installed HIDs without the retrofit/shroud and posted a picture of the cut off? I don't want to spend big bucks doing the retrofit, but don't want to be blinding other drivers either.

Maybe @323 can help?

Without a retrofit, you will be blinding other drivers and there will be no cutoff, since the stock headlights have a reflective housing and not a projector housing.
But to answer your other question, there is no issue using LED DRLs and resistors with HIDs.

Definitely don't want to blind others. I saw a picture of an 8th gen coupe with HIDs and no retrofit and the light had a cut off. Just wondering if someone with a 9th has HIDs without a retrofit.

There are a lot of 9th gen users with plug and play hid kits. From the pics I've seen, it's actually better than the 8th gen in regards to light above the cutoff.

this is from @The Si Canuck

stock halogen
hid1.JPG

his hid install
hid2.JPG

It's nothing like a retrofit, but it doesn't seem "horrible". I've not seen it from oncoming traffic to really say for sure though. Mini H1 retrofit comparison below

example.jpg

The cutoff doesn't look bad at all. I can always point them a little downwards as well. I have seen a few cars on the streets with blinding HID's and it's terrible. I have noticed that many of these cars are older Hondas, Mazdas, Subarus etc. that very young drivers have. I'm thinking that new headlights have changed for the better and don't spray light everywhere like older headlights do. Well, that's my theory anyway.

Another question: Do you have a recommendation of an HID kit that will not have any flickering issues and is of good quality?
I have heard that digital ballasts are the way to go. Looking for 6000k (touch of blue in them).

@webby BTW, I have ordered blue vinyl overlay to put over my fog light lenses. :D

@'06Siguy Just wanted to say thanks for your help.
Happily the cut off is similar to the 8th Gens so I'm ordering some. :)

I recommend the Lumens HID kit. I picked them up in a local tuner shop so I don't know where to find one of these online. They're really high quality and provide a great beam as I have 6000k in mine.

4qPFW.jpg

There are a lot of 9th gen users with plug and play hid kits. From the pics I've seen, it's actually better than the 8th gen in regards to light above the cutoff.
I agree, this is my cutoff..
ymusazyt.jpg
I recently adjusted my fog lights so that they are actually projecting light in front of my instead of just the sides. If anyone want to know how to do this just ask, super simple.

I'm thinkin' $89.99 after 9thcivic discount... went with them because they stand behind their product and they're Canadian eh?... even the bulbs are covered under warranty. Great people to deal with. I was so impressed with them I bought a 3000k kit for fogs. Here's a link to the product comparison http://www.kbcarstuff.com/HID-Kits-s/216.htm

Back