High Pitch Whistle with p2r TBS and Injen cold air

Citos4drsi

Middletown
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Sedan
I just installed my P2R throttle body spacer as well as the Injen CAI on my 2012 4dr si. At low rpms there is a high pitch whistle that goes away as the rpms increase. It seems to only happen when I give it full throttle. Any ideas on why this is happening. I'm thinking its maybe a small leak from the TBS but im not 100% sure

I know from the AEM v2 that I had on my 7th, it had a slight whistle sound to it. I always assumed it was normal due to the amount and way the air was being pulled in. I have never actually heard anybody else mention the whistling though.

I have the same setup but mine whistles as high rpms, not low...
I would suggest looking for leaks too, maybe reposition the gaskets and tighten the bolts a bit more

I have a K&N SRI with P2R spacer with gasket and it whistles. I thought it was normal, is it not?

On my 8th gen I had a whistle at part throttle, I had a p2r spacer and a j37 throttle body and I was told that's normal.

Yea I removed the p2r and the whistle went away. Then I tightened the plug for the nitrous a bit more on the tbs and it reduced the whistle. The gasket doesn't seem to be the correct shape but it does the job i guess if everyone else says thats its normal, and its more part throttle than low and it completely goes away at full throttle.

Back