Hissing sound at 6k rpm

Arm0ged0n

Corona, CA
Vehicle Model
Honda Civic SI
Body Style
Sedan
Hey Guys,

Lately I've noticed a Hissing sound, more like "A can full of bees" when I'm already hitting Vtec at 6k rpm. I'm not sure if it's the down pipe making that noise? Any one else experiencing the same thing?

Thanks

seems like a few people have said they heard noises from the aftermarket downpipes and a few of the intakes. If it didn't start till just now though, maybe a connection has come loose?

Did the other people describe the type of sound they're hearing? I think I just noticed now after the tuning, but I'm not sure how the tune can create such noise? Yeah I will need to check it out and see if anything has come loose.

You also have an aftermarket intake/downpipe though. You have a gopro by chance?

No :( The tuner did work on the VTEC and changed the engagement of my V-TEC, it could just be sucking in tons of air :confuzzled:

Can you duplicate the sound with it parked in neutral?

There's no sound at all when it's parked Neutral. The hissing sound only happens when I'm at 6k rpm

I'm saying if you keep it in neutral and rev the engine to that rpm...will it make the sound? You could have a 2nd person listen in the engine bay or listen under the car to pinpoint the sound location.

My bad, I will do that tonight once I get home and have a listen. I will have one my friends come over as well. Thanks Webby

Hey Webby, a couple of friends and I checked everything out, there where no air leaks, no loose parts etc. Our conclusion is that the sounds comes from the Down Pipe and Intake when it's sucking air.

Back