holset Hx35?

bradvanscoyk

Has anyone ran one of these on a 9th gen? I hear absolutely nothing but awesome things about them, and they are CHEAP (~$800) for a new OEM cummins holset turbo. I know when I was into b series, the hx35 was pretty popular. Wondering if anyones ever paired it with a fullrace turbo kit. Only thing it doesnt have is ball bearing, but these things last forever from what ive heard.

Attachments

• picture-2352552190455.jpg
    picture-2352552190455.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 14
I haven't seen an 8th gen or 9th gen with one. I haven't looked, but will full race sell you a kit without the turbo? I doubt the manifold would be a bolt on fit.

The full race manifold is just a standard t3 flange, same as the hx35. And yes you can buy the kit without a turbo

Could always just buy the pieces seperately from them, or call them and im sure they wont turn away money. Im not sure, just wondering if anyones done something similar because i think that is the route i am going to go and save $2k seeing how badass these turbos are.

if you don't have a tuner in mind, maybe talk to @VitViper about this option and see what he thinks. He may have had someone do this over the years on an 8th gen or something and can provide feedback.

Back