Honda & Acura Brand Vehicles Found To Hold Resale Value The Highest After Five Years

webby

Administrator
Admin
Toys For Tots
Honda & Acura Vehicles - Best Resale Value After 5 Years

Honda and Acura are the top brands based on projected resale value, according to Edmunds.com. The average vehicle from the brands, both of which are owned by Honda, will keep nearly half its original market value after five years, Edmunds said.

honda_retain_value_art0_g1rgtslq_10419gfx_honda_retain_value_chart_eps.jpg

This is the second year that the website has issued its “Best Retained Value” awards. Honda also won last year in the non-luxury category. Acura, which is the leader in the luxury category, came in second to Lexus last year.

“The used-car customer really has faith in the Honda product and its utility and its reliability,” said Joe Spina, a senior analyst at Edmunds. His company looked at the current selling price of new vehicles and projected how much the value will fall over time.

Honda and Acura do much of their North American manufacturing in central Ohio, with assembly plants in Marysville and East Liberty.

Looking at specific models, the Honda Civic, Civic Hybrid, CR-V, Odyssey and Acura MDX led their segments. The CR-V and MDX are built in East Liberty.

The recognition from Edmunds is good news for Honda after a drop in sales in March, when other major automakers reported rising sales.

A Honda vehicle would retain 48 percent of its value after five years, while an Acura would retain 45 percent of its value, Edmunds said.

The runners-up were Toyota and Lexus, in non-luxury and luxury, respectively.

Because the makes retain such a large share of their value, owners stand to get more money when they trade in their vehicles than if they owned other brands.

Edmunds did not list the brands with the lowest retained value.
http://www.dispatch.com/content/sto.../honda-acura-lead-brands-in-resale-value.html

What is Ram (#5 in non-luxury)?

Oh, I forgot about the whole 'Dodge' mumbo jumbo. lol.

• Staff
yeah, I wasn't 100% on it either. Just like the viper is no longer a "dodge viper"

I thought it was just the Viper.

• Staff
it's called SRT Viper now. They stripped dodge from the name. Fiat wanted to take the Ram and make it it's own brand. So, they're not called Dodge any more...just "Ram".

The whole Dodge naming situation is stupid. I still call it the Dodge Ram and Viper, but I digress. This is a no brainer. Has anyone seen used Honda/Acura prices, even on cars with a ton of miles? The resale is always good for the owner, but the person trying to buy one on a budget may get the short end of the stick. That was me looking for my first car LOL got a Pontiac instead......SMH

yes, used hondas are priced high. I've seen year old civics with 30k+ miles sitting next to brand new civics priced identical. As in, say the 2012 civic had a 19k msrp window sticker.... the dealer had the 2011 with 30k miles marked at 19k. I know you can negotiate pricing, but I've seen that at numerous dealers.

After the tsunami and earthquake cut production, everybody looking for new Hondas couldn't get em, so they started looking for newer used Hondas, and the extra demand drove prices way up. At one point the KBB value for some models 1-2 years old was higher than the price of a new car. I know that sounds crazy, but it's what people were willing to pay.

Back