Honda Announces Urban EV Orders Will Be Taken Early Next Year

webby

Administrator
Admin
Toys For Tots
3r9yC2x.jpg

tqA8PYR.jpg

At the Geneva Auto Show, Honda confirmed they will begin taking orders early next year for their concept Urban EV. Prices have not yet been confirmed.

Honda Motor Europe's Philip Ross told the crowd at a press conference: "In response to the positive feedback to this model, we expect to open order banks for the Urban EV during early 2019." U.S.-market sales plans remain unannounced, but we'd imagine there are plenty of Honda drivers that would welcome the Urban EV.

ETjNT2e.jpg

The Urban EV's production version will be Honda's first mass-produced battery electric vehicle sold in Europe. It seats four through its wide-opening, rear-hinged doors, and the cabin features a very large display, with door-mounted screens serving as side mirrors. It will be interesting how much of the concept's detailing and solutions will make it to the production car. And while the Urban EV's minimalistic design harkens back to first and second generation Civic hatchbacks, it's unlikely to be as affordable as those entry-level Hondas were.

Je631gn.jpg

Did Honda get a retired VW designer to design this?

• Staff
I have to imagine they were trying to bring cues from the first civics, but I could be wrong. The shape (and wheels on the concept) remind me a lot of modded VW hatches.

q4jkCkG.jpg

T0uExVP.jpg

This concept has been floating around reddit for a while and quite frankly if Honda even thinks about putting this out.........

I don’t give af I’m getting one. I think they look awesome.

Back