Honda Confirms Type-R For U.S. At Civic Concept Debut

I can see both sides of the argument for and against this. From a performance standpoint it just adds more unneeded weight, but also coming from an Si where I have it it's a nice feature and I dare say it's made me a tad lazier of a driver.
Agreed on both fronts.

It had me almost buy a Focus RS, as the RS has heated seats/steering wheel and AWD. To be honest, that is still on the table. As I can get a loaded RS for 37k out the door.

Agreed on both fronts.

It had me almost buy a Focus RS, as the RS has heated seats/steering wheel and AWD. To be honest, that is still on the table. As I can get a loaded RS for 37k out the door.

Ironically I can only find an rs locally to me. None of the Honda dealers are allocated any type r's and haven't even received any new si's yet

I love my lane watch camera ... if it's a touring model with navi and and other creature comforts then it really should have it. Nut thats just me

It looks like the Type-R won't be a one year production vehicle. If these are available next year or two, maybe I'll be tempted enough to get one.

I don't care much for the lane watch camera......It can be a little slow at times depending on the situation I find myself in.

In a Type R, I would just want the back up cam and apple carplay, smart/keyless entry......that's about it.

I'm still amazed that so many of you are spending $35k for something FWD.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
type r....

it's also up with some crazy car lap times on the ring despite fwd. You're not getting any of the surrounding cars for typr r price below

Lamborghini Murcielago LP 670-4 SuperVeloce
7:42.00

Chevrolet Corvette Z06
7:42.90

Porsche 911 GT3 RS
7:43.00

Civic type R
7:43.80

Pagani Zonda C12 S
7:44.00

Audi R8 V10 5.2 FSI
7:44.00

I hear you, @webby, BUT I'm willing to bet, same with Evo/STI Owners, the majority of these dudes won't ever drive onto a track.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back