Honda Dealer ECU reflash?

xXBob RossXx

Hello guys,

I have a question. I currently have hondata reflash on my car but I would like to go back to stock. Church Automotive tuning did my reflash by taking it to hondata. They told me if I want to put it back to stock, to take it back to them and they will charge me around $60 to return ecu to stock tune.

My question is, Can a Honda car dealer do this by updating my ecu to a newer one? for free? or is my only option to return to where I had originally gotten my reflash? Is there another way to return my ecu to stock DYI?

Thanks for the help guys.

Hello guys,

I have a question. I currently have hondata reflash on my car but I would like to go back to stock. Church Automotive tuning did my reflash by taking it to hondata. They told me if I want to put it back to stock, to take it back to them and they will charge me around $60 to return ecu to stock tune.

My question is, Can a Honda car dealer do this by updating my ecu to a newer one? for free? or is my only option to return to where I had originally gotten my reflash? Is there another way to return my ecu to stock DYI?

Thanks for the help guys.

I would try to find someone who has FlashPro that would be willing to do it for you. There is no reason the dealer couldn't do it, but it is possible they would flag you as invalidating your warranty.

Unless you know a contact at a dealer, they'll charge you to reprogram it back to stock. If I'm not mistaken, hondata charges $75 to have it put back to stock.

Great info guys. I appreciate it. One thing, can any flashpro for our civics return any ecu to stock? Doesn't it have to be locked to the specific person that bought it?

Also. Who in socal LA area can do this for me :) I will drive to you

Great info guys. I appreciate it. One thing, can any flashpro for our civics return any ecu to stock? Doesn't it have to be locked to the specific person that bought it?

Also. Who in socal LA area can do this for me :) I will drive to you

Someone can just put their ECU back to stock and "delink" it from their car. Once a car is put back to stock it can be used on another car. So once they flash yours back to stock, they can just go back to their car and load their calibration.

Last edited:
Someone can just put their ECU back to stock and "delink" it from their car. Once a car is put back to stock it can be used on another car. So once they flash yours back to stock, they can just go back to their car and load their calibration.
First flash pro marry itself to your car by first backing up the original tune? So in his case it would just backup the reflash and not the stock tune? That's the way the diablosport predator worked on my charger. So when unmarrying it from your car it just restores what was originally there.

First flash pro marry itself to your car by first backing up the original tune? So in his case it would just backup the reflash and not the stock tune? That's the way the diablosport predator worked on my charger. So when unmarrying it from your car it just restores what was originally there.

This would be interesting as there is nothing this specific in the documentation. I just assumed it would flash the stock equivalent calibration that is included and the lock is based on an ECU identifier instead. I do not remember it downloading my car's ECU data when I set things up. Not saying that it didn't do as you are suggesting though.

@VitViper can you see post 7 and provide input? 1st post has a reflash and wants to be back to stock. Could a flashpro user get him back to stock, or does it load/backup what it sees when 1st connected?

Interesting. I would assume you could do as squiggy suggested but we'll see what vitviper says. I wonder if anyone with 8th gen has asked this before

Hondata charges $75 to return back to stock. What do others do when returning to stock? Does everyone here just run with the reflash?

Most just keep it on the car, unless there is some reason they need to get rid of it?

So he just needs to find a flashpro user willing to unpair their car and revert him back to stock. Or, ...pay hondata

So he just needs to find a flashpro user willing to unpair their car and revert him back to stock. Or, ...pay hondata

I'm fairly certain the FlashPro can only return to stock the ECU it's been locked to -- the only way to unmarry the flashpro is to return the car to stock first. I guess one solution would be to find someone who is willing to unlock their FlashPro from their car -- lock it to his, then load a random map on there, revert to stock and unmarry it from his car.

IMO this is just a prime exactly of why you should just buy a FlashPro yourself if you want to get the car tuned. I'm sure Church used the Dealer FlashPro to tune his car and charged him for the license on top of the tuning fee, and I know neither are particularly cheap.

Back