Honda of Bay Count (Panama City, FL)

CAMalott

Panama City, FL
Vehicle Model
Civic Ex
Body Style
Sedan
Good dealership, good overall experience.

I bought a new car there despite the fact I didn't need a new car - which definently can modify the dynamics of a transaction.

Good:
I started with an electronic quote on a few cars via their Internet Team. They were very prompt and answered my questions directly with minimal beating around the bush. They actually created a custom video just for me and the cars in question that outlined their out-the-gate offers, features, etc. I was very impressed with it.

The sales team were extremely prompt and knowledgable. They knew I knew what I was looking for/at - and they simply stayed out of my way and let me decide. However, they still were directly on hand to immediately answer any questions I might have.

Minimal effort on my trade in appraisal and the related paperwork. They gave me very fair trade in value for my old vehicle.

Extremely courteous staff. They made every possible effort to make me comforatable, minimize wait times (or keep me occupied during wait times), and otherwise streamline the car buying process.

They made sure I met every major member of every department. Sales, finance, used, service, etc. I like putting names to faces and whatnot.

At no point of the buying process did I feel like I was trapped in that dealership. I felt like I was free to walk out at any point.

Bad: (More like my just being a crybaby about things)
I wasn't a huge fan that their internet sales team members were technically not local agents that I could reach out and touch - as they were more a part of some kind of regional center elsewhere. There was a slight disconnect in information given to me by the internet team and what the local agents were giving me. Took some time to get everyone on the same page.

I wasn't really included in the whole trade-in appraisal process. However, I didn't really fight to be. I have the feeling that they would have been glad to let me in if I had actually asked. Still, that is one of those things that should have been offered up front. I like transparency.

Ugly: (Not bad or good. Just "was")
The part where the finance office tries to pawn off maintenance packages and insurance items onto you. It's his job so I can't blame him. I just don't like being pressured into anything. There was a bit of razzle-dazzle I didn't appreciate - but I honestly could not be offended by it. As I said - it's the guys job. Minimal pressure in this department.

Overall - a good experience. I would definently recommend this dealership to any individual in the bay county (FL) area.

They're mated to a VW dealership, but that is run by a different team so I can not attest to what is going on over there.

Back