Honda Pukekohe

Euro Civic L

I've had a fantastic experience fro my first ever Honda dealership.
Dave, the salesman was very knowledgable about the product and put you at ease. The test drive was fantastic.
The trade in price was a joke, but they always are, so I decided to sell my vehicle privately, It took me a few weeks to sell my car and during this time the dealership didn't hassle me, intact I kept them informed how it was progressing.
The owner, Kerry, offered me the ORC (on the road costs), a full tank of fuel, floor mats and a boot tray FOC to sweeten the deal.
Honda had a very good finance package of 3.9% on for all models purchased in October, but luckily we had the cash to pay for the vehicle so this wouldn't be required.
Having sold my car I was left without transport and as the new car doesn't arrive until the 6th December it could have been a bit of a dilemma. No problem, sorted, they have loaned me a Honda Accord 3.0 V6 until my car arrives.
If the after sales is this good then I'll be well pleased.:D

The one I have just sold was a Mitsubishi Pajero Exceed GDi, also known as a Montero or Shogun.

Had a phone call from Pukekohe Honda this afternoon, they wan't me to bring the loan Accord 3.0 V6 back as they had a potential buyer, they have put me into a Honda Civic Hybrid, the first time I have driven a hybrid, I'm quiet liking the experience.:)

No I don't think it is a 2012 model, it's another car off their second hand car lot, it's got 30+ k's on the clock.

I won't be buying the S2000, it turns out it's a private sale that the dealership is looking after and he won't budge on the price, I was prepared to pay NZ$45k and even at that price it's heavy, there are a few others available in NZ around the same spec for a lot less $'s. So it's back to waiting for my Euro Civic L to arrive, just 5 weeks to go.

would the s2000 work as a year round car for where you live? Not sure how much snow you get

It would have done, we get no snow where we are, plenty of sunshine for driving around with the roof down and some cracking roads for a rear wheel car. I have just purchased a Rav 4 L 2.0 4wd for the wife as a run about, so that would have done all the donkey work and the S2000 would have been a purely for pleasure car and something to put a smile on your face, I'm sure the civic will be good, I wouldn't have ordered it else, but the S2000 was just that something a bit special that you may only get once or twice in your lifetime. I've been lucky in that respect over the years, I've had a Lotus Elise, MGB GT, Carlton GSi, Audi Quattro, Toyota MR2 roadster and a Toyota MR2 GT T-bar, so I've had my fair share of sports cars. I'm into my late 50's now so maybe it's time to settle down into a more sedate vehicle. to say I'm disappointed is an understatement. I have found a similar S2000 for sale in Auckland, it has a few more kms on the clock but it's $10k cheaper, the problem is that I would loose my $4k deposit and I don't think that would go down to well with the wife.

that's a crazy down payment. I know people who've ordered cars here that only required $250 or $500 to hold the car. It was also refundable if you disliked the car, or whatever.

New Zealand is a crazy place in some respects.I was told the deposit would be 10%, whether I would get it back I'm not sure, they have loaned me a car for 2 weeks so far and the fact that I'm happy with the Euro Civic makes it a difficult choice for me to back out of the deal now. I'm sure that once I sit in the Civic in 5 weeks time I'll be happy as Larry and the S2000 will be a distant memory.

Well I have to say that the total buying experience from Pukekohe Honda was awesome, from the time we first met the Dave the sale man to the time he handed me the keys for my new car was the best car dealer experience I have ever had and I have had lots. I plan to keep the Civic for a very long time so I'm hoping my after sales experience will match the sales one.

Back