Hondata Flashpro

dayday42

I finally got the flashpro that was suppose to come with my car when I bought it from the dealer that was registered to my ecu after someone had stolen it out but the idiot didn't know it wouldn't work on 8th gen si's.. anyways I don't know much about the hondata stuff but I'm curious since my car already has upgraded parts on it from the previous owner I was wondering if I could flash it back to stock settings and would it mess anything up from the upgraded parts standpoint? I've had a funky exhaust smell ever since I got it but i'm assuming it's because of the downpipe and full exhaust upgrade.

Do not flash the car back to stock. Does it still show it's locked to your vehicle vin #? Can you see various maps on it? Can you do a short datalog?

Do not flash the car back to stock. Does it still show it's locked to your vehicle vin #? Can you see various maps on it? Can you do a short datalog?

yeah its locked to y vin # and it shows all kinds of data that I really have no clue about.

I have some old friends In my hometown that I can take the car too to let them check out because I really don't trust anybody else but them. I almost wish the car was stock when I bought it but it was too nice to pass up.

You never did get a pic of your downpipe did you? If its catless just get a catted one and retune, the smell will be gone and the car will run better with the aftermarket parts and tune.

I finally got the flashpro that was suppose to come with my car when I bought it from the dealer that was registered to my ecu after someone had stolen it out but the idiot didn't know it wouldn't work on 8th gen si's.. anyways I don't know much about the hondata stuff but I'm curious since my car already has upgraded parts on it from the previous owner I was wondering if I could flash it back to stock settings and would it mess anything up from the upgraded parts standpoint? I've had a funky exhaust smell ever since I got it but i'm assuming it's because of the downpipe and full exhaust upgrade.

Start a conversation with vit and see if he did the tune for your car. If so and it was done for your mods, just make sure the right tune is flashed into your ECU. It would be helpful to get in touch with the previous owner to get details. As noted elsewhere, the stink is likely a catless exhaust. Check with the vendor to see if you can backfit a catted one.

You never did get a pic of your downpipe did you? If its catless just get a catted one and retune, the smell will be gone and the car will run better with the aftermarket parts and tune.

no I haven't got underneath it yet but from what the hondata said when I hooked it up it has a full exhaust and a buddy club downpipe I think.

no I haven't got underneath it yet but from what the hondata said when I hooked it up it has a full exhaust and a buddy club downpipe I think.

Ok so thats a catless dp, swap it out for a catted full race downpipe and just sell the catless buddy club downpipe, I have the fullrace catted dp and full race exhaust, mine has no funny smells.

As mentioned above, a catless downpipe will make an exhaust "smell" unlike a downpipe with a cat. You could sell yours and get a stock downpipe, or buy an aftermarket downpipe with a cat. You may even be able to find someone who upgraded to an aftermarket downpipe and doesn't want their oem downpipe anymore. You have some options.

I sell you my oem one if you want it. It has about 2k miles on it, perfect condition.

Ok so thats a catless dp, swap it out for a catted full race downpipe and just sell the catless buddy club downpipe, I have the fullrace catted dp and full race exhaust, mine has no funny smells.

what's the price range on an aftermarket catted downpipe? id rather keep it aftermarket since the rest of the exhaust is aftermarket but an oem is possible if the price range is too high.

As mentioned above, a catless downpipe will make an exhaust "smell" unlike a downpipe with a cat. You could sell yours and get a stock downpipe, or buy an aftermarket downpipe with a cat. You may even be able to find someone who upgraded to an aftermarket downpipe and doesn't want their oem downpipe anymore. You have some options.

what would you do in this situation webby? by the way what do you drive also?

what's the price range on an aftermarket catted downpipe? id rather keep it aftermarket since the rest of the exhaust is aftermarket but an oem is possible if the price range is too high.

I paid almost 500 for my catted dp from full race.

Back